User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: right click images

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right click images

That's some fantastic information there.

Jon

Just out of interest, I right clicked on an image I recently uploaded on here and was able to copy it. I've heard there's something available to stop this - does anyone know what it is? I would have thought a photography site would be good hunting ground for anyone searching for new images to copy and turn into their own.
    Last edited by freelancer; 11-09-2013 at 8:22am.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelancer View Post
    Just out of interest, I right clicked on an image I recently uploaded on here and was able to copy it. I've heard there's something available to stop this - does anyone know what it is? I would have thought a photography site would be good hunting ground for anyone searching for new images to copy and turn into their own.
    We could do that but don't bother as it takes ~10 seconds to bypass the right click disablement.

Note: On AP...

1. You have to be logged in to see attachments or competition entires (Guests can't)
    2. Gallery images are linkable
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I moved these to a new thread as it was not related to image theft and action needed, as such.

right click disabling I could bypass in about 5 seconds. It is just a two-key combination and voila image is on my computer.

As Kym says. non members cannot see our photo forums, inactive members cannot see our photo forums. We do all we can to ensure only active site members can see your photos, and thus limit theft via this site
    Last edited by ricktas; 11-09-2013 at 10:37am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joh if us Active Site Members could not right click and save how would we be able to Edit Members Images when they want Help with pp, that's what AP is about
    Many of us have the Edit Permission: Edit Ok Please provide details. I do as I often need help seeing I dont know a lot about Photoshop.
    I needed Help yesterday on one of my Bird Threads and because I had that Edit Permission as OK one of the Members download my image.
    That Member removed a distracting branch from the image and told me how to do it.. And reposted the new image. AP is such a great Forum..

I shoot with Canon And Olympus Cameras

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just spent around the last 2 hrs searching google images on photo's that could've come from my area, I haven't been a member long enough to complain about my images illegally being used but lets say I was delighted by the amount of businesses using my work. All taken from right clicking from various sites

Jon

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ that's funny.
    Almost tempted to take a screen shot of it.
    Don't forget to stay active, otherwise you won't be able to steal my photos.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S, a speedlite, a tripod, a monopod, a remote release and a padded bag to carry things in.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive already created a special folder for you . Loving the site, so different to the fishing forums Im on
    Jon

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want a percentage on any photos of mine you manage to sell.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelancer View Post
    All taken from right clicking from various sites
    And as has been said above, the right click 'protection' can be broken within seconds,
    and anyone that can Google 'browser right click disable override' will be able to do it.

I.e. it is pointless implementing it!

Our approach is to limit image downloading to logged in members.

BTW - all bets are off for externally linked images vs attachments as we have zero control of those links.