Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Best Tripod for $200?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Tripod for $200?

Hi guys,

I'm getting started and I'm stuck on what tripod to look for. I've got a budget of $200 but have no idea what brands or models are good out in the market. I'll be using it mostly for landscape and night shots near the ocean so something pretty sturdy against wind would be ideal. I was looking at the Vanguard Alta+ 263AP with 3-way pan head, but not sure if this any good.

Anyone have any recommendations?
    Last edited by ricktas; 10-09-2013 at 7:09am.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went ahead and ordered the Vanguard Alta+ 263AP as it looks pretty good and it's got a bad for putting rocks in to add more weight when it's windy.

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that tripod and find it excellent - only drawback is if I want to keep it in its bag I have to remove the handles but that doesn't take long.
    Glenda

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lplates View Post
    I have that tripod and find it excellent - only drawback is if I want to keep it in its bag I have to remove the handles but that doesn't take long.
    That was the only thing I was wondering about were the handles when it's in a bag, but if they are easy to remove then I'm happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can ad an extra $10 to your budget the Vanguard Alta Pro 263AT Aluminium Tripod + SBH30 Ball Head is well worth the extra money and has the Multi-Angle Central Column and legs that adjust to 25, 50 and 80-degree angles.
    N.A.C.S! (not another canon shooter!)
    Gripped 5D m3, Gripped 5D m2, Eos M body, Go pro Black, 17-40L, 24-70L, 50mm f/1.8 , 100mm f/2.8 macro, 24-135mm EFs, 70-200 f/2.8L, 580 exII, 530 ex
    www.f13magazine.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought one of these new on eBay for $80. It was just luck I got it at a great price. It's a fantastic tripod in the under $200 category. Solidly built and very stable. The only thing is you can't lock the rotation but it has some resistance to minimise accidental knocks. Vanguard mentions the rotation feature is enable panoramic photos.

Personally I prefer pan heads over ball heads so it works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Last edited by dubs; 30-09-2013 at 10:57am.