Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Ideas on settings to take night-time laser light show

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideas on settings to take night-time laser light show

Hi Guys,

I'm off to Brisbane on Thursday to take photos of the laser show - Santos GLNG City of Lights.

I will have my tripod and shoot in Manual.

Am after some ideas on settings please.

I am hoping that my Sigma 10 - 20mm 3.5f will have arrived, otherwise I'll be shooting with my 18 - 105 kit lens.

Thanks

Ann
    See more at www.annpinnockphotography.com.au
    Sony A7R, Zeiss FE55 1.8, Zeiss FE16-35mm 4.0, Sony 28-70mm, Metabones Nikon convertor, Nikkor ED 70-300mm, Tamron 90mm Macro, Tripod, Lee Seven5 Filters, PS, LR,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's difficult as the brightness / intensity of the lights can vary from one situation to the next. However as a starting point I would suggest around f8/f11, ISO of 800 and 10 - 15 second exposure. Take a couple of test shots and adjust from there, but only change ONE setting at a time to see that you are getting the desired result. If not, then try changing one of the other settings.

Also use manual focus.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wmphoto View Post
    It's difficult as the brightness / intensity of the lights can vary from one situation to the next. However as a starting point I would suggest around f8/f11, ISO of 800 and 10 - 15 second exposure. Take a couple of test shots and adjust from there, but only change ONE setting at a time to see that you are getting the desired result. If not, then try changing one of the other settings.

Also use manual focus.
    Thanks Warren, that will certainly give me a starting point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi annie there are a couple of shots from last year on my smugmug page, exif details are attached to give you some idea, if that helps
    I've done so many things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting. ~Moe, The Simpsons

http://Grae-and-co-images.com/

canon 5dmk 2, some lenses, a couple of sticks to hold them up, a thing that make sun at night, and a sense of adventure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    those night time laser shots look great rossco ! I cant wait for vivid this year .