User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  7

Thread: Outage Notification: Saturday 2.00pm AEST

8 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

Outage Notification: Saturday 2.00pm AEST

I have been advised that our hosting company will be performing an upgrade to their network around 2.00pm tomorrow (Saturday 31st August 2013), and that we may experience an outage or slower response times while the upgrade takes place. The outage relates to an upgrade of their fibre optics within the data centre.

Providing this post for information so you are aware of why, if the site goes off-line at that time, especially so that members realise it is unrelated to our recent server issues, and any outage on Saturday around 2.00pm (if one occurs) is not an indication of ongoing outages related to incidents of the past week.

Also for info: the old server we were migrated FROM yesterday has now been decommissioned!
    Last edited by ricktas; 30-08-2013 at 8:40am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

My Photography

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Modbury, Adelaide
    10 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    We just had a short outage -- the network upgrade scheduled by our hosting provider today -- it would appear that this short outage was part of the fibre optic upgrade
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff