User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  17

Thread: Surviving a marriage break up. Might not be around here as often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surviving a marriage break up. Might not be around here as often.

I'll be trying to stick my head in as often as possible, and certainly won't forget that I have a camera, because using it helps bring me pleasure, but I also might not be in here quite as often.
    Thankfully the kids are 20 and 21, so they're pretty well sorted and fine. It's just messy stuff like houses, and loans to be sorted, provided counseling doesn't end up seeing us back together that is (so far counselors have suggested it's definitely repairable).
    Will keep popping in as much as possible, even if it's just for a spirit lift as I admire some amazing photography. Cheers to all.
    Canon EOS 60D ..... EFS 18-200mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS - 430 EXII Speedlite - "eBay special" Remote Control Unit - Manfrotto 190XPROB w 804RC2 head.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best wishes, Zook.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chin up Zook. If it's repairable, and it's worth repairing, then grab it and repair it.
    Cheers

You don't have to be dead to be a donor.

Education is what remains after that which has been learnt, has been forgotten.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best of luck with it all. And we will be here when you need some stress relief, a laugh, some photography to look at.

Real life comes before a website, so focus on the important stuff and leave the lens focusing for later.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    been there Ez. Best of luck sorting it all out. It will work out either way...just be positive and get the camera out as much as possible.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope everything works out for the best for you and all concerned. It's always a tough thing, but as Graeme says be positive and get the camera out to take your mind off things. When I am stressed, it is amazing how a few hours of photography takes my mind off it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hang in there. the future is a beautiful place. Be positive and find space to use the camera. I found it very therapeutic when I was where you are now.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thinking of both of you.
    Que Sera, Sera

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ezookiel

I used photography to survive a crap marriage. Met some great people here on AP. I have moved on and could not be happier with many new friends, a great new partner. OK, so my photography is still crap, I got to keep all my camera gear.

Each day is a new day and try and make it better than the last.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chin up mate. And the kids maybe 20-21 But need just as much support as you and your partner. They are the ones that will keep both of you sane through this whole situation. Good luck.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a newbie back but best wishes....john

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go gently with yourself. My marriage ended just after I joined AP a few years ago and the upheaval and sadness that came with it meant I had no creative passion for photography and no energy to put into learning.
    It took a little while but in hindsight it's amazing how quickly things start to pick up. I hope you get thru the tangles quickly and are able to enjoy life and your photography again real soon.
    Chelle.
    I've had my camera on AUTO for far too long... learning the ropes on my Sony A300.
    C&C welcome - but keep it simple!
    I'm more interested in capturing memories than in taking the best photo ever (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Zook , I survived two marriages and two Divorces (three children involved), Been with my present partner 22yrs (Not Married) Happy as a pig in , You know what , Some times it takes maybe 18 months to get over , Hang in there , If you need any support ,just PM me for what it's worth - Bill
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

D750 Shines
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is always light at the end ,at least your partner and you have counseling,so It should work out for the best.

Mine didn't want a bar of it so My situation is finished,so move on in life its too short

hears to you sorting it out

cheers

Nikon D750,D500,Z6,Coolpix P7700
    Nikkor 300mm f/4E PF ED VR, Nikkor 16-35mm f/4 VR, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Tokina 100mm f/2.8, Tamron 60mm f/2 , Tamron SP 24-70mm f2.8 VC Di, Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4
    FTZ adapator
    Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stay strong Zook!
    Jodie

Gear - Canon EOS 7D, EOS 6D, 24-105 F4, 70-200 F2.8L IS, Canon EF 100mm 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20mm, nifty fifty, EF2xII, 580EX, 430EXII, EFx2 III and a long wishlist

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best of luck with it, what's meant to happen will.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Zook-sorry to hear this mate. I'm just three and a bit years into my nearly 20 year relationship ending. Tough to get through I can tell ya and there are times where you just don't want to acknowledge what's happening. No matter what there's always people here and around you willing to listen and, if needed, provide some perspective. Don't feel like this is something you have to do, or get through alone: Friends and people you can talk too are so very important right now. There's nothing more important than communication as I found out, so keep talking with your partner as much as possible and others to help you with what you're experiencing.

Best of luck with everything and don't hold back coming here for a chat.

- Bill
    Hi! I'm Bill.

Constructive critique on photos and suggestions and tips for editing is most welcome.
    Nikon D5100, D7000, Nikon 35mm, Nikon 50mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 17-50mm, Nikon 18-135mm, Nikon 18-200mm, Nikon 55-300mm, Tamron 70-300mm
    SB-700 Speedlight, Manfrotto MKC3-H01