Hey guys and girls,

I've been thinking about the Magic Lantern firmware tweak, and was wondering if it was worth installing it on my 60D. It caught my eye because I saw that it has intervalometer functionality, but I've already got a Hahnel Giga T Pro II. I've read some of the other threads but no one's actually posted much in the way of how it's affected the quality of their images, etc.

I've had a scan over the FAQs and the other stuff on the wiki, but some of it is a bit beyond my depth of knowledge (i.e. I didn't quite understand what "zebras" were until I read that it's just another way of identifying blowouts or underexposed areas).

My main question is, should I choose to shoot in low light at higher ISO settings (like maybe up to 3200 because beyond that I've noticed a lack of sharpness in the compromise to keep noise reduced), does the firmware have any effect on the noise that'll be evident in my images, or will the camera still be limited by the hardware? Are there any other "weaknesses" in the 60D (or any of the compatible Canons) that the Magic Lantern successfully addresses, even to a small extent?

I'd love to hear some experiences here so I can decide whether to make the leap and download and install the firmware.

Thanks!