User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8

Thread: What did you photograph today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you photograph today?

I'd love to see what everyone is out and about getting photos of, and what things inspire you to want to take photos - even when the shots don't turn out exactly like what you hoped or had in mind

I know that I usually carry my camera around when we go bushwalking or are out doing something as a family and the vast majority of my pics turn out crap! LOL! But the actual thing I was trying to take a pic of was really cool, so I wonder if others are taking photos of fun things they'd like to share, even if the photo doesn't have much worth C&Cing on...

We went for a 4WD down past the Reynold's River the other day and on the way past a small billabong I spotted a jabiru through the trees. I've been trying to get a good photo of a jabiru for YEARS! So I did the speedy lens change and jumped out of the car and was heading into the bush in under 30seconds. He was on the other side of the billabong to me, and my lens is just the kit zoom lens so I really wasn't close enough to get anything special, but I started clicking as soon as I could.

As fast as I was walking in towards the billabong (with one eye on the jabiru and the other eye looking out for snakes and crocs) he was walking at 90 degrees away from me down the length of the water. And even though he didn't look to be in any hurry his great big long legs were moving faster than my cautious sneaking steps were taking me.

By the time I got as close to the water as I dared he was already too far away to hope for anything decent. Still, I love watching them!

The first pic is straight out the camera a maximum zoom. Then same pic cropped and shadows adjusted (I'm not very clever at PP yet). The last pic is right before he took flight (I was actually focused on the egret for this one.)

I'd love to have the time to go back and just sit by the billabong.... one day!
    jabiru (2).jpg

jabiru2 (2).jpg

jabiru3 (2).jpg

Anyone else care to share a pic of something that inspired them to get the camera out?
    Last edited by chelle; 26-08-2013 at 1:34pm.
    Chelle.
    I've had my camera on AUTO for far too long... learning the ropes on my Sony A300.
    C&C welcome - but keep it simple!
    I'm more interested in capturing memories than in taking the best photo ever (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying again cannot seem to keep AP on my computer today

What a wonderful place you live in chelle to be able to see this beautiful large Birds in the wild..

I was helping hubby this morning to put the washing on the line which is under our back decking and I spotted a spider on the ceiling..
    Back into the house I got the macro gear and the tall kitchen steps and clicked away I will post different images in the Macro forum when I get some time.

Female Green Jumping Spider. Flipped it as I dont find it interesting to see a Spider hanging upside down..

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Photography can be exiting Chelle. Then sometimes we lack for motivation.
    This is one of only four photos (in the same session) that I've taken in the last 10 days.

IMG_3972a.JPG
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Testing a second hand Tamron 70-300 I bought yesterday. I have to wait until Sunday before I can have it now
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inspired by Waz's captive series but I not particularly happy with this, couldn't seem to get the WB right.
    It led on to getting a photo of my gander which I was happy with.

The Resident Guinea Fowl

Copy - DSC_2627a.jpg

Cheers Cargo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NK smaller size.jpg! Simba smaller size.jpg
    Nice idea for a thread. The doggie image I took last night in fading light and first thing this morning took this photo of my daughter. I recently got my Sigma 85mm fixed and now it seems to stay on my camera permanently.
    Last edited by Pixley; 27-08-2013 at 1:11pm.
    D800 Nikon 70-200 VR II, Nikon 105 2.8, Nikon 24-120 f4,
    Sigma 85mm 1.4, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Sigma 35mm 1.4 DG HSM

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my thread that I posted today, this is what I took yesterday.

Photography is my relaxation and my major passion. I mostly enjoy bird photography, but I also love landscapes, especially when holidaying and exploring new places. I also like to spend time with a number of my good mates, who are also photographers many from this forum, taking photos and having a good time whilst we do it.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What great (and all different) images!
    Pixely, I love that pic of your daughter. I can't count how many photos I must take of my kids each day and out of all those thousands upon thousands of photos I still have not learnt how to get a photo with the light and clarity like yours and others I've seen on this site. Something to work on soon I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Chelle - soft window light is generally flattering, a large aperture to throw the background out of focus (f 2.5 I think in this photo), a fast shutter speed 1/200 of a second to freeze the inevitable movement of the child who wants to go and do something else and quite a high ISO (in order to get the fast shutter speed). The lens also helps too - I love shooting with primes - love the IQ! And lastly - nothing like a bit of sharpening in photoshop around the catchlight in the eyes