Morning all...

Well it looks like I have a corrupt SD card. I was downloading images from the Footy Carnival yesterday, when it got to a certain point and stopped. Unfort, I had to force the closing of the computer because it froze it and wouldn't close down properly. I called an IT guy, thinking it was the computer, and he said it was the SD card. He also showed me that I should transfer the images from the card to a folder in the computer first, before importing into LR (I import from card to LR). I admit I was editing pics as they were being uploaded.... I now know to be more patient!

As the images were transferring into the folder on the computer, they stopped at the same point as when I was importing into LR.....and it did the same thing to my computer. I couldn't cancel the transfer and couldn't shut down properly, so I had to force the shutdown.

So this morning I put the SD card through a Recovery software and once again, the process finished and said all files had been recovered....and when I open up the images and look at the last one....yep, you guessed it, the last image is at the same point as before.

Which means I have lost 300 images, one being of my friends son kicking his first goal for the season, in the dying moments of the last game of the season! I am devastated!

Is there ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO to see if I can recover those last images?? Or are they gone forever??

If I put the card into the camera and physically delete the images that I have got, up to THE point where I don't, will I be able to then recover the rest of the images? The IT guy said something about I have crammed the card full of info and there is no space left to help with the transferring. I am a noob when it comes to this stuff, so I am not sure how to explain it. I think that I did something to the card when I was editing (cropping) images while it was importing them into Lr.

Whats your advice on this????