User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Have you tried theme

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried theme

Just wondering if a new have you tried theme could be something for consideration.

After seeing the back focus button thread and not heard of it before and it got me thinking about all the other operations on my camera I haven't even begun to look at and thought a topic for the week to explain and for others to try and then post their examples and ask questions could help increase less experienced member interaction as well as those who are more experienced but just haven't gone there yet.

Could this be something worth trying?
    Nikon, D750, D5000, 35mm f/1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm kit lens,
    Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, Sigma 120-400mm, Sigma 150-600S, SB-910, Metz mecablitz 58 AF-2
    Manfrotto 680B Mono + 234RC tilt, 055XPROB + 804RC2.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Up to you. Start one and see. The members are the ones that basically drive what happens on the forums, so go ahead and get one happening and see how it goes.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a result of the Back Button Focusing thread the other day, it set me thinking of all the other operations available on my camera, (Nikon D5000 in my case), that I've not even considered looking at (I mean why would you it's all to hard), and trying to interpret some instructions well wont go there.

So for anyone that might be interested i am going to start a thread with one or two camera features to try through the next week and each week change the topic to give those who may not be like me very adventurous with looking further into your camera to find out what is lurking in those dark cavernous Menus, a chance to get advice or have explained a feature of the camera that they may not have tried from other members I hope, as I'm ignorant about most of the features on mine so will force me to give it ago.
    Then to report during that time how they went and may be post images for CC be added if appropriate.

I know a lot of the topic will all ready have been posted so links or references to appropriate sites are more than well come. Most of the topics I confess I have not done this before so it's all new to me and will not have tried so feed back on this will be appreciated and I know I'll have to start getting some photos up as well.

So to start with I thought we could start with Back Button Focusing as it was the trigger for this and and the diopter function of the cameras view finder as they are both related. However I will start another thread so that it wont get tangled with this intro.

As regards an order in which to run the topics I'm not sure so any ideas greatly appreciated.
    A review of this Idea and how it is taken up with responses after about 4 weeks and if not seen as necessary am happy to close but thought I would give it a go and see what happens.

I think this thread may possibly be more suited in the camera gear section so if required then if Rick you would like to move to a better area that's fine.

Regards.

ROA44

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is a great idea as I seem to have inadvertantly upgraded from my trusty familiar D60 to the d300s, as Wayne decided he needed a d800 for his birthday So last night it arrived and we now have numerous photo's of each other with wrinkled foreheads as we struggled with unfamiliar cameras (I am lucky though, my manual talks- I call it Wayne ). Most of the buttons on both these camera's are as the factory set, we have never even looked through them, so some discussion on these buttons would be really helpful. And as for the back button focussing, I am off to do some research.

Di
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only wish I had someone with a need like that so I could up grade but then I suppose no use if I'm not using 95% of the stuff on the camera I have.

Thank you for your reply, feeling a bit nervous about it all so hopefully it will help to stir up a lot more interaction on the forum with other not so active members and new members as well and I may actually start to learn some stuff as well.

Regards,

ROA44