Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Wireless Triggers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wireless Triggers

Hi all,

I have a Canon 550d and a 430ex11 flash and was after some suggestions on a wireless trigger/reciever..budget of $100 or thereabouts.
    Im also looking for a light stand and unbrella to try out some of camera flash so perhaps there might be a kit out there to suit.

Cheers
    Mick

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    check out our site advertisers phottix and hypop
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been using Yungnuo triggers for years now.
    Never missed a shot and we took thousands of product images for our shop.
    They can be had on ebay for about 30$ a pair.
    Ours was rf 602, but I think they have been superseded by rf-603C now
    “Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst" – Henri Cartier-Bresson
    **Commercial Link Removed by Admin**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd stretch your budget just a little and get these http://www.hypop.com.au/yongnuo-yn-6...for-canon.html will give you full ETTL (yes, most 'Pros' shoot manual, but it can be handy), You can adjust the flash from the camera menu (convenient if flash up high/in soft box), HSS (High Speed Sync) lets you shoot above 1/250s - for me most useful for shooting outside in daylight, they are fully compatible with the cheaper Yongnuo triggers (no ETTL) if you want some more flash units.

Cheers
    John

EOS 1D MKIII x2, EOS 6D; Samyang 14 2.8 IF ED UMC, EF 17-40 4 L, EF 24-70 2.8 L, EF 50 1.4, EF 85 1.8, EF 70-200 2.8 L IS, EF 100 2.8 macro, EF 400 5.6 L, 1.4x II TC, EF25 ET; Speelite 580EX, 430EX; Nissin Di866II; Yongnuo YN560i/ii & YN460ii, YN622C's, RF602's; Gitzo GT3541XLS + Markins Q20i; Manfrotto 055XProB + Giottos MH1301; Manfrotto 680B c/w Kirk MPA-1; Tamrac Pro5, ThinkTank Airport Accelerator, Airport Antidote V2, Pro Speed Belt + Racing Harness + Modular Skin Set; Lightroom 5.3, Photoshop CS5.
    myflickr

Scarlet letters aren't that bad.. I rather like L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Protog also stocks both the Youngnou triggers and basic light stand kits as well. What's even better they are first rate with their advice and follow up service
    D800 Nikon 70-200 VR II, Nikon 105 2.8, Nikon 24-120 f4,
    Sigma 85mm 1.4, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Sigma 35mm 1.4 DG HSM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kangareigns View Post
    I have a Canon 550d and a 430ex11 flash and was after some suggestions on a wireless trigger/reciever..budget of $100 or thereabouts.
    Do you need/want ETTL control of off-camera flashes? Or are you happy to operate the flashes in manual mode?

Flash triggers that require the flash power setting to be adjusted manually are quite cheap, but if you want ETTL functionality (to allow the camera to set the flash power, and/or allow you to set the flash power of remote flashes via the master controller), you need to be prepared to spend a bit more money than $100.

Rick has already mentioned Phottix - they have a range of manual flash triggers, as well as the fantastic (but more expensive) Odin TTL flash trigger, and the mid-range Strato TTL flash trigger. I have reviewed quite a few Phottix flash triggers on my blog - so check it out if you want more detailed information on the various triggers.