User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Hotmail/Live/MSN emails : Testing today (18/08/2013)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hotmail/Live/MSN emails : Testing today (18/08/2013)

As you are most likely aware we had to block registrations to Ausphotography some time ago for accounts using emails supplied by Microsoft. This was due to Microsoft blocking the registration verification emails and thus any member who opened an Ausphotography account using hotmail/live/msn/outlook.com emails would never be able to activate their account.

I have been working on this for months trying to get it resolved and an email I received yesterday seems that a positive resolution may have been reached.

Therefore during today, I will be removed the block on the above emails at times, and opening 'test' member accounts to verify that it is working correctly. If you notice new members joining during the day with usernames like 'hotmailtest' and 'livetest' etc, please ignore them. I will be deleting the accounts after each test is complete.

If the testing provides a positive result, I will be lifting the ban on hotmail/live/msn etc emails later today. If this happens, I cannot guarantee that we will not re-apply the ban again in future if Microsoft decide to block the verification emails again. I will post to this thread during the day, today, as testing progresses, keeping you informed.
    Last edited by ricktas; 18-08-2013 at 8:44am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    UPDATE:

Hotmail, Live, MSN, Outlook emails now work on Ausphotography. The ban on using those accounts to register or with your existing account has now been removed.

I have removed the homepage notice, the clause in the site rules, and the block on these emails, effective immediately.