My sincere apologies for not visiting for a while. Unfortunately I have learnt the hard way that you should ALWAYS wear your neck strap when using your camera. I was standing on a chair, taking a photo of my daughters birthday cake, when I dropped my camera onto our ceramic tiles. I was devastated as I had only had it for a few months. Anyway, the body seems fine (Canon 650D) but the lens (EFS 55-250mm IS II) was broken where it attaches to the camera (sorry, don't know technical term). Anyway, I have saved up and am waiting for my replacement lens, but have not had the body checked.

Do you think it necessary for me to take the camera in to be looked at? I had taken about 3 or 4 photos with the camera immediately after I had dropped it, (before I realised that the section joining the lens to the body had been chipped) and the photos seemed fine. However I haven't been sure whether I could do more damage if I kept using it? There is no 'rattle of possible loose bits' from the body and it still seems to be functioning fine.

Really appreciate the advice,
Thanks
Tamera