User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Are Canon users the smartest ever?

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are Canon users the smartest ever?

Well they must be. I have learnt a lot since joining this site with the majority of information coming from reading Q&A here on the Canon page. Well... of late there seems to be a lack of questions. Most threads are 40,50,60 days old. The Q&A have been answered well leaving everyone who reads these much more informed.
    And I know I don't ask a lot of questions myself but I have not had time to scratch myself since retiring 2 years ago, renovating 4 places since then. I am off O/S next week for a holiday where I will be taking thousands of shots. I expect I will need to be asking some questions myself then. Anyways just my thoughts....cheers Brian
    PS Bring on the questions as we all learn
    Cheers Brian.

Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX. 580EX

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks Brian, I think your statement is more about the quality of knowledge the site members have and their willingness to freely pass that information onto others. The site has been around for long enough now that as you say, a lot of questions have been asked so there is a good repository of existing information to be had on AP.

Looking forward to the trip photos and questions from you soon.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only after they switch to pentax
    cc and enjoy

Photography is painting with light

K1, Pentax 18-250mm zoom, Pentax 100mm macro, Sigma 50-500mm, Pentax 28-105mm
    Velbon Sherpa tripod Photoshop CS6

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bricat View Post
    Well they must be. I have learnt a lot since joining this site with the majority of information coming from reading Q&A here on the Canon page. Well... of late there seems to be a lack of questions. Most threads are 40,50,60 days old. The Q&A have been answered well leaving everyone who reads these much more informed.
    And instead of asking questions (and showing off their knowledge of equipment) they're happy with the cameras and out there taking photos.

- - - Updated - - -

Just did a quick check on those talking about Nikon. Seems they're busy taking photos also.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Fishy
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I was just saying how the questions had seemed to dry up of late. I look forward to this section as the questions asked are maybe something that I had not thought of and thus increasing my knowledge of camera gear. It has been very very informative. cheers Brian

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well someone has to be, it might as well be us! At least until I change brands

Fishy
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must be that we are all clever little dicks......even some of the nikonites....ok pentaxians and anyone I've missed

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going OS, eh? Well, I'm coming back from there.

Here's some free advice...
    I have been taking so many pictures. It's somewhat a case of "get it while you can", so not all are for presentation. But I'm glad to say that many of the shots are (somewhat) thought out.

No matter what, your estimate of 1000s is just what I've been doing. And being large raw files, my initial 2 x 32 GB USB sticks idea went west. I first bought a 500GB external HDD (a Toshiba Canvio) and a week after that got a WD 1TB ext HDD plus a 16GB Sandisk 60MB/Sec CF card.

The 1st cost $62 CAN and the next lot cost $153 CAN. NB, these are small USB powered HDDs and USB3 capable (though I only have USB2).

I got the 2nd as a backup for the 1st.

Now, go and enjoy. - I have been.

(And not a mention of the brand you said.)
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^ welcome back to OZ Am. You can use my Canon any time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I have used Canon stuff for years - I just happen to like it and problems have been non existent.
    All forums go through times when things slow down, but then something will happen to stir up interesst and away we go again.
    Canon 6D
    Canon 40D
    16-35 L 2.8 11 USM
    24-105 L IS USM
    70-200 2.8 L IS USM 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've wanted to read this thread for a while, but being a Nikon user, every time I clicked this forum my PC blue screened.
    Cheers

You don't have to be dead to be a donor.

Education is what remains after that which has been learnt, has been forgotten.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Granville View Post
    I've wanted to read this thread for a while, but being a Nikon user, every time I clicked this forum my PC blue screened.
    Didn't know Nikon was into PC manufacturing as well, cause that would have explained the blue screen of death.
    The fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest with a sharp knife
    Canon 50D,
    Tamron 70-200 f/2.8, A very bright light, EF 50 f1.8, Tamron 17-50 f2.8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I think it was a breakdown between the gamma particles and the flux capacitor. The Canon forum just seemed to sense the mismatch.

Fishy
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Am I. Am in Canada at the moment so will go and buy another card
    I am using an IPod and th screen keeps disappearing when I type a reply Have taken 1000 photo,s in 4 days so better get more cf cards. Cheers for. Now

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bricat.
    The best prices for CF cards are (or at least were) here in Oz. But in Can, the best deal was from a crowd called Memory Express.
    There a 16GB CF card cost me about $55Can. That's 16GB. Elsewhere, that was the price of an 8GB. I'm talking about the Sandisk 60MB/sec card.
    Good luck.
    Am.

Fishy
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I have been duped on a 32gig card I bought as it filled up too quickly. Anyway I bought another card and 1 tbyte portable h/disc only to find the iPad/pod does not have a USB outlet. I bought an addon device but it did not work. I should have taken my own computer. I know "her indoors" knows little about computers. I spent a while editing so gained a bit more space. Back to the grinding of travel around the beautiful Rockies(in Jasper)