Thread: Lake Macquarie

All lines lead to Home ...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lake Macquarie

Hi All,

We're gonna be going up to Lake Macquarie shortly, and wanted to know what/where would be some places you recommend shooting? Landscape based locations please.

I've heard Caves Beach is good during low tide, Lake mac in general (any particular location?), any others?

Normally scouting the location is part of the fun, but traveling with little ones doesn't give me much time/opportunity to scout around. So i would appreciate it if you could share some secrets with us.
    Regards,
    Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where abouts/what suburb will you be based at? Then I might be able to suggest places that are nearby...
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arnica View Post
    We're gonna be going up to Lake Macquarie shortly, and wanted to know what/where would be some places you recommend shooting? Landscape based locations please.

I've heard Caves Beach is good during low tide, Lake mac in general (any particular location?), any others?

Normally scouting the location is part of the fun, but traveling with little ones doesn't give me much time/opportunity to scout around. So i would appreciate it if you could share some secrets with us.
    As you are aware, Caves Beach can be nice but Catherine Hill Bay at low tide is much better due to the presence of the old coal wharf (while it still lives). Also Murray's Beach jetty (particularly at sunset), Swansea foreshore, Pelican foreshore, Marks Point park (end of Marks Point Road is a tiny park, limited room), Squid's Ink at Belmont South, Warner's Bay foreshore and Redhead Beach.

I'm retired so if you guys are looking for a guide for the day, Phil, I'll be happy to have a shooting partner or two.
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mark's point is don't bother with Marks Point. Was to overgrow a few months back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agree with Waz... Also Toronto on the western side of the lake
    Mat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] K-x, Sigma 18 - 125, Vivitar 100 - 300, RICOH KR10Super & KR10M (film), Filters, Tubes
    Flickr, RedBubble, Facebook

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the replies!!

We couldn't get any accommodation up at lake Mac, so we ended up getting Umina Beach instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are lots to shoot there too... Pearl Beach, Woy Woy jettys just to mention a couple

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arnica View Post
    We couldn't get any accommodation up at lake Mac, so we ended up getting Umina Beach instead.
    We have friends who have a small holiday house at Swansea that they rent out! This info is probably to late! If not, PM me.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    We have friends who have a small holiday house at Swansea that they rent out! This info is probably to late! If not, PM me.
    Thanks Mark,

We've since paid for another accommodation already.

We've got 12 adults in this "smallish" group hahaha... Havent even counted the kids yet.