User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6

Thread: Welcome : ShutterandBrew : to the Ausphotography site advertisers

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome : ShutterandBrew : to the Ausphotography site advertisers

COMING LATE 2013 coffee shop and photographers hangout.

ShutterandBrew intends to become Brisbane's foremost Coffee shop for photographers, people who want to learn about photography and for anyone who just wants great coffee and tasty home made cakes.

An unpretentious environment with no tolerance for those who feel they are in some way superior to others. A place you can enjoy a great coffee and sit and relax, talk about photography or meet with other like minded people.

We are all about learning and gaining new skills in the area of photography.

ShutterandBrew is divided into 2 key areas:

SHUTTER - Photography Department - Networking for photographers, space to display and sell your work, gallery opportunities and space for groups to meet. Most importantly we will also be offering one-on-one mentoring and teaching of photography skills for total beginners to more experienced photographers wanting to learn new techniques.

BREW - Coffee Department - Coffee is such a great compliment to photography and as such we intend to offer superb coffee created with care and accompanied by a selection of home made treats. We have a passion for creation, be it photography, coffee or food. Our ingredients are locally sourced or grown and where possible are treated to a minimum of processes to ensure quality natural taste.

"It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser ShutterandBrew's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome Rick. This is a great community and we look forward to welcoming it's members in to our shop just as soon as we are operating.

We have a lot of work to complete in a short amount of time but are really excited to create a unique business here in Brisbane.

Shop build thread coming soon
    Thanks for looking....Cam.

SHUTTER & BREW

- CANON - 5DII - 17-40L - 24-70L - 70-200L - 50MM - 580EXII X 4 - MANFROTTO 055XB / 410 GEARED HEAD - VARIOUS OTHER STUFF!
    - FUJIFILM - X100S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds great,all the best with it and I'll be sure to visit.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great concept – good luck and best wishes in setting up the business and I look forward to dropping in once the photo coffee cake mecca is open!

Cheers

Dennis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this idea!!! Good Luck to your upcoming business!!
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck. I'm now envious of Queenslanders. Something I thought would never happen.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very cool, cant wait to come in for a brew
    I've done so many things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting. ~Moe, The Simpsons

http://Grae-and-co-images.com/

canon 5dmk 2, some lenses, a couple of sticks to hold them up, a thing that make sun at night, and a sense of adventure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with Shutter & Brew when you open and i'll be sure to visit on my next trip to Brisbane
    Ness

Nikon D7000, Tamron 17-50 F2.8 XR DiII VC , Nikkor AF-S 70-300 4.5-56 VR
    Speedlight SB700

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can just see the coffee menu…

• HDR Hit: A smooth blend with a full range of tones.
    • Wide Open: A strong blend that pops your eyes wide open.
    • Dynamic Range: Full flavour that keeps you active all day long.
    • Stopped Down: One for those who don’t like their coffee too strong.
    • ISO Blend: Stimulates the palette over the full range of tastes

Cheers

Dennis

Former Username : Wetpixels Dazz1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea. In what part of Brisbane will the shop be situated?
    80D, 600D, Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Lens - Contemporary, Sigma 18-250mm 1:3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM lens, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM lens, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II lens, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II lens, Yongnuo YN500EX flash, Velbon Sherpa 5370D tripod, PH-157Q head, Klika W1003 monopod, AF Macro Extension tubes, LED Ringflash Software: DPP4, Gimp, UFRaw, Rawtherapee, DigiKam, Hugin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again everyone, it's encouraging to hear your feedback.

Nardes - Great ideas Like those, may even end up seeing something similar in our coffee blend descriptions!!

The shop will be located at 65 Newman Rd ( Corner of Main Ave ) in Wavell Heights. You can follow our setup progress on Facebook here

We have a lot of ideas but will feed off customer suggestions and ideas, no point offering something that no one wants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Open a franchise in Perth.

Please.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would also add that you will need to do a good job of balancing this out, so that non-photographers do not feel they are unwelcome. There is a huge coffee market out there and I hope you are planning on not making the photography part of it to dominant in the overall cafe environment. Purely from a marketing point of view, you need to access as many customers as you can, and thus you will need to be careful not to isolate your clientele to one market segment.

Great idea, I love it and look forward to seeing the final shop fit-out.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would also add that you will need to do a good job of balancing this out, so that non-photographers do not feel they are unwelcome. There is a huge coffee market out there and I hope you are planning on not making the photography part of it to dominant in the overall cafe environment. Purely from a marketing point of view, you need to access as many customers as you can, and thus you will need to be careful not to isolate your clientele to one market segment.

Great idea, I love it and look forward to seeing the final shop fit-out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick, these are great points. This has been the challenge for us, our goal is to become ( to the non photog community ) a great little coffee shop that also sells a few odd photography related items and does some photo courses or something BUT for photographers and anyone interested in photography we hope to create a place for people with the same interest somewhere to meet, somewhere to show their work and somewhere they can go knowing the guy behind the counter is GENUINELY interested they were were up at 4am this morning and knee deep in water.

One of the interesting things we noted when visiting a LOT of coffee shops is that they often draw customers of a certain genre, mums, business people, hipsters, grandmas etc. I didn't want to design the business aimed at any 1 group so to ensure a good cross section of the community we added an element that no one else has, rather than focus on the solely on the coffee we added a 3rd element, a topic of interest that spans the genres, my hope is to one day see an old school photographer who has never shot digital sitting down with a young person discussing photography, all while drinking my coffee, in an environment that inspires people to dust off the old camera and have another go, or learn from the beginning etc.

I know that reality will be different from my dreams but if I don't have a go I won't know

*fixed double post - Rick*
    Last edited by ricktas; 21-08-2013 at 8:28pm.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a great plan. Maybe put the idea out amongst the modeling arena as well. Could be a great place for the 2 to network. Just a thought...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmmmmm coffee & models or models & coffee.
    Definitely worth the drive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great concept.
    Chelle.
    I've had my camera on AUTO for far too long... learning the ropes on my Sony A300.
    C&C welcome - but keep it simple!
    I'm more interested in capturing memories than in taking the best photo ever (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome concept......can you open one on Sydney's Northern beaches??????
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!