Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: access by mobile phone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

access by mobile phone.

Ric,
    Work says this site is a malware prone site and won't let me access it any more.

Note: I used to be able to.

I am on my smart phone.
    PAINFUL is an understatement.

When I see the forum list, every time I try to get into a sub category, I am posting and not viewing.

Help please.
    +===========================================+
    Canon EOS 550D 18-135 (IS) lens 90-300 lens
    +===========================================+

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    that is a work related issue as your work might block sites it does not want staff accessing from their network. Entirely up to them, we cannot assist.
    Last edited by ricktas; 05-08-2013 at 10:29am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to have missed the real problem - it was mentioned in the topic.

Why is it when I use my phone, I can't read the sub-topics. When I click on a link, it sends me straight to post new topic.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what phone, what application? Also, if you use your phone and are using it linked to your work network, they can restrict what you access. Have you 'logged in' on the phone or are you just going to the site and trying to view it?
    Last edited by ricktas; 05-08-2013 at 12:02pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also what type of smart phone do you have, mines a Nokia smart and getting around on the net with them can be a little frustrating since it is not an android software system.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HTC desire.

I am using the default browser.

I am using MY 3g account for these posts.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    try a different browser, try one of the forum apps - forumrunner perhaps. The site is not causing the issues you are experiencing

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ric, as it is, I can't install any more apps. Let alone an app for your site. I can't "try another browser" either. NO MEMORY!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok, so if you are running out of memory on the phone, that could be the reason you are not getting proper access. Try removing a few apps off the phone that you do not use/need..then install a memory cleaner, like 'clean master' and set it to run regularly, and try again.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh deer Ric. (deer, dear. I forget which)

How novel it would be that apps suddenly "install themselves for no better reason than to take up space on my phone."

The apps I have are there for a reason, not to annoy you.

Granted I can't use work's internet because of reasons unknown to me. I wanted to check some posts simply to look at what is happening.

I don't want to have to re-build my phone. (unless someone has a spare $800 they don't want.)

So if there is a lack of memory then I shall have to live with not being able to use your site other than when I am at home.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Felix View Post
    Oh deer Ric. (deer, dear. I forget which)

How novel it would be that apps suddenly "install themselves for no better reason than to take up space on my phone."

The apps I have are there for a reason, not to annoy you.

Granted I can't use work's internet because of reasons unknown to me. I wanted to check some posts simply to look at what is happening.

I don't want to have to re-build my phone. (unless someone has a spare $800 they don't want.)

So if there is a lack of memory then I shall have to live with not being able to use your site other than when I am at home.
    it is not something we can fix. The only solution is with you.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Felix View Post
    Ric, as it is, I can't install any more apps. Let alone an app for your site. I can't "try another browser" either. NO MEMORY!
    I can't believe that you have used up all 512Mb of Rom!

I have to say, I'm pretty much an app junkie myself and don't have that many Mb's of apps on my phone. Almost all of my apps are for general purpose stuff, and I think only one game app.
    I can't imagine anyone 'needing' that many apps for their daily lives to run smoothly.

I'm assuming that you have a few Mb's of files of some type(photos perhaps) .. and most likely no external memory card installed.

Many (downloaded)apps can be installed to an external memory card, and the Desire can accept up to 32gb of external storage.

My suggestion is to acquire a 16 or 32Gb microSD card .. can be got for about $30 or so ... and move any non vital files/apps to the SD card.

If you have an external card already installed, you should move some of the lesser vital apps, and more importantly files to the card.
    if you navigate to the Application Manager under the Settings menu, you will see a list of all the apps you have installed. The apps pre installed by the manufacturer/phone company cannot usually be moved to the external memory card, but any apps installed by the user and installed to the phone, should have an option to 'move to SD card'. If this option is greyed out, that means it's already installed on the SD card.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon} -> 50/1.2 : 500/8(CPU'd) : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8ais : 105mm f/1.8ais : 24mm/2ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC