Thread: GoPro mounts

All lines lead to Home ...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GoPro mounts

Hi All,

I recently purchased a GoPro Hero 3. It came with all it's standard bits and bobs. I'm planning on going on a few road trips and the use of the GoPro would be good for timelapse shots when we are driving or during sunset (that way my SLR doesn't rack up the actuation).

The discussion I would like to open up is what type of mounts do you guys have and/or what would you use?

I've had a look on the bay as well as the GoPro website, and there's quite a few out there. The prices for the mounts range considerably also.
    Regards,
    Phil

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently using a mixture of mounts Phil.

The camera itself is an AEE camera bought through Kogan a while ago and their mountings are compatible with ( how do you spell knockoff? ) the Go Pro system and vicky verca. I have a Go Pro suction mount with AEE arms on the ute windscreen and it works perfectly and then an AEE bicycle helmet mount as well as in the near future an adhesive mount to attach to the tinny.
    Kogan was selling the Go Pro mounts fairly cheaply and the suction mount was considerably less than many retailers but I see that site advertiser Cheap Chips has a range of Go Pro mounts at around normal market prices and they will be backed with a warranty etc that the e$ay knockoff retailers won't be providing.

http://www.cheapchips.com.au/memory/go-pro-cameras.htm
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phil, You can get a tripod mount from Gopro, that mounts straight to the tripod head mount. Also an egg timer is real handy, one that has a flat top surface and spins as it counts down (IKEA do a great one) Try these - You can get away with a solid flat surface, and teh stick on mount pad, rather than drilling tapping and so-forth, depends on how much you want to use it I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwECLh94l10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxrXE_3-N6E

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arnica View Post
    I'm planning on going on a few road trips and the use of the GoPro would be good for timelapse shots
    Going by that ^ about road trips, we embarked on a massive learning curve about how to get video on to the interweb and came up with a sample clip of how a windscreen mounted camera behaves on a GoPro suction mount just for you.

I f I remember I will take some shots of the mount in the car tomorrow -------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phil,
    I use a Gopro all the time. Mainly for trail bike rides, MTB and adventure trips.
    The accessories for the Gopro are so cheap on ebay that I now have every type of camera mount made for it.
    I personally like the extendable hand held mount as it can be used in a number of very unusual angles and places that you can not normally get to.
    The chest mount is also a popular mount.

My advise, GET ONE OF EACH.

Cheers

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A combination of Go Pro suction mount and AEE mount base. Aligns well and close to the screen.

The Go Pro and AEE mounts are fully compatible on 3m Sticky bases. The waterproof housing mounts exactly the same way on the helmet.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG!!! Thanks for all the replies guys! Really excited to start my collection on mounts for the GoPro's.

The AEE mount base looks pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=I @ M;1169939]A combination of Go Pro suction mount and AEE mount base. Aligns well and close to the screen.

The Go Pro and AEE mounts are fully compatible on 3m Sticky bases. The waterproof housing mounts exactly the same way on the helmet.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to take the pics and uploading them. Really appreciate how the setup looks like. Thanks Mate!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    I am currently using a mixture of mounts Phil.

The camera itself is an AEE camera bought through Kogan a while ago and their mountings are compatible with ( how do you spell knockoff? ) the Go Pro system and vicky verca. I have a Go Pro suction mount with AEE arms on the ute windscreen and it works perfectly and then an AEE bicycle helmet mount as well as in the near future an adhesive mount to attach to the tinny.
    Kogan was selling the Go Pro mounts fairly cheaply and the suction mount was considerably less than many retailers but I see that site advertiser Cheap Chips has a range of Go Pro mounts at around normal market prices and they will be backed with a warranty etc that the e$ay knockoff retailers won't be providing.

http://www.cheapchips.com.au/memory/go-pro-cameras.htm

I will have a look at this website today.
    Last edited by arnica; 14-08-2013 at 11:56am.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

I ended up getting the suction mount and the tripod mount.

I'll post up some pics soon.

Now in regards to the LCD back panel, has anyone used it before? At the moment, I'm using the wifi app to frame the GoPro, and there's a few seconds lag. Does the LCD panel have the lag as well?

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use my iPad, haven't bothered with the LCD for the GoPro. Allot of the use's I use it for , it's in it's hard water proof case anyway.

With the iPad/phone, there is a slight delay, but you have full control over the functions, which I find more useful. The ability to switch it on and off remotely and so forth.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    I use my iPad, haven't bothered with the LCD for the GoPro. Allot of the use's I use it for , it's in it's hard water proof case anyway.

With the iPad/phone, there is a slight delay, but you have full control over the functions, which I find more useful. The ability to switch it on and off remotely and so forth.
    Yeah I found the remote on/off and being able to use the full functions was a great + for me.

I now can use my gorillapod more often!!! hahahaa!!!