Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooting RAW or JPEG on long trip overseas

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome info guys.
    I know my P&S has GPS, but I'll have to get something on the go for my DSLR.
    Cheers, Travis

D750 | Tamron 90 Macro | Tamron 24-70

flickr | 500px

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So a tid-bit from the coal-face, so to speak.
    Well now I have been enjoying the present 4-day Rocky Mts tour I've been on.
    Chorus: Hooray! 3 cheers! And also, "Where are some pics?"

I'll answer the pics Q: they are MERCIFULLY all still on my now very bloated netbook HDD and some are backed up to a 32-GB USB stick. I had two (note HAD) of these. How MORTIFIED I was 2-day when I realised one could be trampled (at least I hope so) into the Athatbasca Glacier toe ice. That is, I hope someone hasn't got it and the info on it. Several calls to hotels (only 2) have had no finds/hand-ins. Well, lucky I had the mandatory two copies.

So after half a day of quietly spitting chips and wanting to enjoy the trip, this (here) evening I bought a Toshiba 500GB HDD. It cost $62CAN. Well, a 64GB USB stick was on special at about $50, so...

Now I'm feeling much better about some things, but I was also sad at losing my cap at lunch time. (Yes, I feel I'm becoming a dead loss!)

So now to my point: take something like a portable HDD of ample capacity. This one is USB3 compatible and runs off USB power. I'm not expecting performance peaks with the netbook, but days ago I knew I was going to need some serious extra storage. It's a pity it took this unhappy catalyst to hasten things.

Well, off to bed now, Am.

PS: And make sure you don't mislay the [insert colourful adjective here] thing!
    Last edited by ameerat42; 05-08-2013 at 3:42pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Doing the Rocky Mountaineers Tour are you AM? Noice.... Lots to photograph there. I managed to lose all my photos from Calgary and Seattle because I wasn't paying attention when the camera's file numbers rolled over and restarted, so I overwrote them. I feel your pain my friend.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ta Warbler. Note that I was saved from myself by the happy accident of losing only the backups. The originals are still all there. (I threw my back out while trying to kick myself!)
    m.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you really want to be wired Travis, you can get one of these for your family and friends to follow:

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...3&showInfo=yes

If you change the settings on the left to 2 years, you'll see where my mate has been and you can use the tracks to record your travels and your photos. This unit was on a motorbike, so it was left behind in the garage on many days. Hence my difficulty in matching photos some days. now The track has also stopped as another of his travel companions has bitten the dust (or more correctly the mud), and the tracker was on his motorbike. Record your adventure, but don't forget to enjoy it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12