User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Ferry booked for our move to Tasmania!

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ferry booked for our move to Tasmania!

The ferry is booked! The big day is 14 September - that's the night we travel to Tassie! We'll be in our new home on the afternoon of the 15th. Whooppee! And just in time to photograph the Tall Ships!

We will be hiring a campervan/motorhome - we hope to get one on the return system where it is $5 a day, but realistically there might not be one so making a tentative booking - and the 3 girl cats will travel in that. I'll be driving our van with the 2 boy cats and a box trailer behind.

Day 1 - 10/09 - Terranora to#near Port Macquarie
    Day 2 - 11/09 - To Mittagong #
    Day 3 - 12/09 - to Wodonga
    Day 4#- 13/09 - to##Melbourne (605kms) check in at#caravan park for a cabin,#return campervan, spend night of 13th in compact cabin
    Day 5 - 14/09 - Melbourne, late checkout, lazy day, do washing, tidy van, go to ferry 3.45, overnight on ferry
    Day 6 - 15/09 - Alight from ferry then drive down

I'm getting very excited!
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will be busy and that does sounds exciting Odille, and all the best to you both..

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, so close now. Enjoy your last weeks in your old stomping ground, taking lots of farewell photo's, and then I can't wait to start to see some Tassie photo's from you.
    Di
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such an exciting time for you! I can almost feel your excitement through the computer!!!!! Good luck with everything
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The time between now and then will go so fast..and you will miss most of our winter..ah well..next year.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    The time between now and then will go so fast..and you will miss most of our winter..ah well..next year.
    We have a very big house to pack up here, and we thought it would not be kind to the cats either, especially our very short haired one, to bring them from a long hot summer here to a Tassie winter. This way they'll have time to grow in thick coats next winter. I can't wait, I love winter!