User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Understanding Camera Plates with vs without Grip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understanding Camera Plates with vs without Grip

I recently purchased a markins Q-10 ballhead and PG-50 camera plate for my Canon 60D. However, I realised I completely misunderstood the website and have mistakenly purchased a camera plate for the 60D with a battery grip. The problem is, I don't have a battery grip and don't really have the need for one. Does this mean that the camera plate I bought cannot be used with my 60D alone?

I'll admit I got a little too excited for my new purchases, so totally my fault. I don't actually have much of an understanding of camera plates. I just saw on the site that the ballhead required a plate so just selected the first plate that mentioned compatibility with the 60D. So any advice or explanations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the BG-50 plate should easily fit without a battery grip, It is just a flat base plate with a tripod mount screw and a flange that goes along the edge of the camera body. The flange is purely there to stop the plate twisting on the body.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick, that is a huge relief!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick is right in that it will still work.. but won't fit as neatly. The PG-50 http://www.markinsamerica.com/MA5/PG-50.php#Highlights has a large curved end tab to match the curve of the battery grip won't fit as neatly as the correct PG-34N http://www.markinsamerica.com/MA5/PG-34N.php with the short square tabs. Next time use the "plate finder" http://www.markinsamerica.com/MA5/finder.php

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that's great. Can always save for one later if it gets annoying. I went through the Korean site so it wasn't as straight forward as that in the link you just sent me. Definitely learnt from my mistake