User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  10

Thread: Qvo6 virus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Qvo6 virus

Can anyone help me get rid of this stupid malware that has hijacked my browser? I have tried everything I know how to do to no avail. ( I am not an expert) My daughter accidently let it in!

Cheers Karen
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malwarebytes has been considered for a long time one of the best for finding and removing malware.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Install, update the data base and do a full scan (can take a while on a machine with a lot installed)

No luck with than then try repeating it but in "safe mode"
    Instructions for getting into safe mode with different versions of Windows http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#03

This site describes all the options for removal, including a direct approach of using Windows "uninstall programs" in the "control panel" then removing the extension that the malmare added to your browsers short cut path.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Dug; 21-07-2013 at 2:11am.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This site describes all the options for removal, including a direct approach of using Windows "uninstall programs" in the "control panel" then removing the extension that the malmare added to your browsers short cut path.
    Forgot the link: http://www.remove-malware.info/remov...tion/#shortcut

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Malware bytes should do it. Google "qvo6 virus" and have a bit of a read. This one looks interesting.
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/qvo6-virus-removal/
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys....have downloaded instructions from your recommendations!! What an insidious little piece of nastiness qvo6 is!! Wish me Luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ktoopi,

I just got rid of this on my computer and I tried Malware and it didn't work. You need a registry cleaner but be careful in using these and only delete after backing up your files. I had to go into the registry and manually remove it. Something I wouldn't recommend if you don't know what you are deleting. Deleted and re-installed my browsers. Did it come with other programs like Thorn TV? It is a can be a difficult thing to remove but it can be removed. Hope you find a way of removing it.
    Last edited by Alandme; 21-07-2013 at 12:08pm.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, Malware did get it for me - ages ago now. Almost any good anti-virus should.
    Karen. Be aware that Anti-MalwareBytes runs independently from your default security suite. It is an "on-demand"
    thing. It will update if too old before it scans.
    Am.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it took me a while......had to download four different things to run(adwcleaner, Malware bytes, a junkware removal tool and Hitman pro) but I eventually got rid of it!!!! What a marathon effort! Thanks for your advice peoples!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got rid of it. Everyone has a different story on how they delete these things.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been cleaned and debugged within an inch of my life!!! Amazing how much quicker everything runs now that I'm not all clogged and bugged!

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    FWIW, for anything that MalwareBytes doesn't get, this other free scan should get. http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispyware.html
    They're both worth having on your computer as a first (and second) stop when something turns up.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right, Mark. I 4444-got ALL about that one, and I have it installed as a portable version on a thumb-drive!!!
    (Now where's that thumb-dirve?)
    Am.