Matt
    CC always appreciated

My Website
    A Blog of sorts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" Thanks to serious advances in smartphone camera quality, it’s increasingly possible to take a saleable shot on your handset — and European startups know it."

Increasingly possible to take hi megapixel shots which doesn't necessarily translate to saleable, and how many stock shots go up with out some pp anyway, and its stock photography, not news, so no real need for hast. They'll end up with a huge volume that someone will have to search and classify. Will the clients want to do that?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo53 View Post

" Thanks to serious advances in smartphone camera quality, it’s increasingly possible to take a saleable shot on your handset — and European startups know it."

Increasingly possible to take hi megapixel shots which doesn't necessarily translate to saleable, and how many stock shots go up with out some pp anyway, and its stock photography, not news, so no real need for hast. They'll end up with a huge volume that someone will have to search and classify. Will the clients want to do that?
    I think the lines between stock and news have really been blurred. How often do you see in the newspaper or on news websites. Image supplied, or image source facebook/getty/archives. The best photo is the one that captures the moment, not the one that doesn't. The right photo taken at the right time, with a smartphone, could do very well as stock.

However I think stock photography now, compared to say 20 years ago, is so over-saturated with images, that making money from simply being a stock photographer is going to be damn hard work. Firstly there are billions of photos in stock libraries and the perceived value of a photo has been degraded (right across society) such that big $$ are really unlikely these days.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography