so my wife decided she didnt want the eternity ring for her bday but she wanted a new camera as our old one was...well...crapola and she was sick of missing out on pics of the kids so we got ourselves an olympus pen e-p3

auto is great for us now but i want to get to know this little beast and get into photography.

im not too concerned with learning about composition yet as i think that apart from learning the basic rules it is about practice and experience- keep taking photos until you get a good result

apart from losing myself in the owners manual - i always have trouble following them as they try to cram too much stuff amongst the basics im looking for - is there somewhere i could easily find a cheat sheet on "how to" with these things? something i could tuck away in the camera bag as a reference or do i need to study (please no, theres a reason im not a high flying exec) the manual and make my own?

look forward to creating some great shots

p.s. i am making my way through the new to photography handbook on here but im hoping for a more camera specific thing combined with an "olympus pen e-p3 for real big dummies"