Thread: Puzzled

http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Puzzled

I am puzzled by the outcome to this thread "Where to host photo slideshows?"
    It seems an extreme response to me. While being sick isn't a total excuse, it does excuse some things, and this thing is hardly a capital crime.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The outcome was that the member wanted their account removed, so I did.

All I was asking was that she at least acknowledge those who have helped her on the site in the past, that was something she was not willing to do and asked that I close her account. It was not me or the moderators who closed her account due to activity on the site, it was done at the member's request.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I also had a long and hard look at this thread, and the OP's posts/threads. It was difficult.
    I suppose that each party concerned took the steps each deemed right at the time. Hard to/pointless to attribute any "blame", or
    ascertain any right or wrong. In the end, all I could do was accept a parting of ways.

Unless I am totally befuddled, I am trying to be as unbiased as possible. This is my main message: not all things to all people at all times.
    (Or something like that.)
    Am.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 11-07-2013 at 8:40pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes Steve I was also a little puzzled and since you've raised it.
    The OP was using health as an excuse not to thank some for the help with the question that was originally posted.
    Since all replies were posted within a day of the question, I wonder how she was healthy enough to post the question.

http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    Threadstarter

About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having had very close contact to someone who died of breast cancer, and knowing the trauma involved, I would be inclined to give any similar person the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps that's just me.
    I also know that survival of trauma like that tends to make you fairly assertive when there is a perception that you are being attacked.
    I thought the thread gave a bad impression. It doesn't leave a good taste.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Axford View Post
    Having had very close contact to someone who died of breast cancer, and knowing the trauma involved, I would be inclined to give any similar person the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps that's just me.
    I also know that survival of trauma like that tends to make you fairly assertive when there is a perception that you are being attacked.
    I thought the thread gave a bad impression. It doesn't leave a good taste.
    I could have just removed the thread. However, I prefer to be transparent. And I am sure you are not alone in your experiences with cancer. I reckon most members have had, or know someone who has, or has had cancer. In my experiences (I have several family members and friends who have experienced cancer) it did not affect their ability to say thank you!

In the interests of further transparency, here is the person's website : http://www.mulberrylanephotography.com.au/blog/
    Where she has posted about doing client shoots in the last month or two. Yet finding the time to say 'thank you' is something she could not do.

Certainly having cancer can be devastating and is a very hard experience to go through, and I had no hesitation in wishing her all the best for her ongoing recovery, as I would anyone suffering an illness that was severe.

The member chose to have her Ausphotography access removed, and I did as requested. She could also have chosen to click the link to her previous thread, that I provided, and say 'thank you'. She chose not to, and then inferred that my asking her to do so, was bad form. I too was left with a bad impression.
    Last edited by ricktas; 11-07-2013 at 11:26pm.