Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sydney meet - ideas anyone?

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm feeling guilty as a "thread killer".

There are a couple of threads I posted in and since then no more posts.

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I had replied to your first post Andrew - I am not sure what happened. I have been having some phone connection problems so I must have lost the connection at the same time I posted.

What I said was - thank you for the offer of a model but unfortunately we don't have a venue at this stage and I don't have time before I go OS to organize one.

Ness has given me the name of a local photographer in Bella Vista who is hiring out studio space and equipment to professional togs. I will try and find out if they are willing to hire out to a bunch of amateurs.

If you guys want a meet you will have to organize it amongst yourselves and then when I return in September we will see if we can get a studio portrait shoot together. How does that sound?
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Nell.

I just posted it so if/when we get a venu we have someone who is willing to be photographed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NikonNellie View Post
    I thought I had replied to your first post Andrew - I am not sure what happened. I have been having some phone connection problems so I must have lost the connection at the same time I posted.

What I said was - thank you for the offer of a model but unfortunately we don't have a venue at this stage and I don't have time before I go OS to organize one.

If you guys want a meet you will have to organize it amongst yourselves and then when I return in September we will see if we can get a studio portrait shoot together. How does that sound?
    Sounds like a plan Narelle.....I am out for next few weeks as well as we are off to Hamilton Island for race week again so I'll look forward to a portrait shoot in September sometime I'm working on some people to be models
    Have an amazing time on your trip take lots of

Cheers Karen
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my offer is still there for when we all get organised.

So I hope every one has fun where they are going.

Hear all about it when you get back.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There was an AP member that offered free use (for other AP members) of studio space and equipment that they had set up somewhere near Sydney.
    It was a while ago and I haven't been able to track down the thread the offer was made in.
    Have a bit of time to spare tomorrow, so will try to find the thread. Will post it here if I find it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it have to be indoor lighting shoot, why not an outdoor lighting shoot ?
    Just a thought.........
    The fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest with a sharp knife
    Canon 50D,
    Tamron 70-200 f/2.8, A very bright light, EF 50 f1.8, Tamron 17-50 f2.8

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we can combine the two. I personally am a natural light lover but I also want to hone my studio lighting skills.

Keep an eye out folks. I am leaving on the 29th August and returning around the 24th September. Just don't all disappear on me.

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sculpures by the Sea at Bondi from 24 October - 10 November 2013. A meet before then would be good. I wouldn't mind doing a portrait shoot - I rarely do portraits any more.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last week end I received a letter in the letter box.

It is my local council "advertising" that they have venues for "events" of "functions".

I haven't asked too much as they want number of people etc.

For now it is something which is on the table as an option if this comes into happening.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about Sydney Olympic Park, There should be heaps to shoot around there

Kind Regard
    Livio

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to do a themed portrait shoot - I will have a think while I am away. In the meantime if you guys want to do a shoot such as Livio suggested (thanks for that) then you need to organise it amongst yourselves.

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Narelle (Nikon Nellie) mentioned above, if you want to organise a meet, create a new thread. The key to getting people to come is to have a specific idea for a meet, a defined time that is suitable to a broad range of people and some local knowledge of the spot to organise a meeting point.

I am travelling around in the near future so I won't be organising anything. For others, it isn't hard to do.
    Last edited by peterb666; 16-08-2013 at 1:25pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously nothing happening yet?

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone interested in a Sculptures by the Sea sunrise from Bondi Beach on Saturday 26 October?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Should be ok for this.. This is a year since I dropped my 2 week old d600 (thank goodness for insurance)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of venues wildlife and beaches down here (Narooma). Could combine something with the local camera club, could also organise a whale, seal, Montague Island tour. Why not take turns using each other as models. http://www.eurobodalla.com.au/
    Jon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any updates of what is happening?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12