Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sydney meet - ideas anyone?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sydney meet - ideas anyone?

I would love to have another meet soon before I head off overseas in late August to visit my son.

Alas, I am all out of ideas so I would love to here from any Sydney AP members of what they would like to do as a group.Looking at holding a meet in the next few weeks so PLEASE POST YOUR IDEA/S HERE ASAP.
    Last edited by NikonNellie; 09-07-2013 at 10:13am.
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please come to the North side so I can come down and join in! I'm getting bored in my retirement already!!! I would have joined you at Wilberforce but I couldn't manage it on the relatively short notice. (If you can't manage it, that's ok. I just thought I'd stick my oar in anyway. )
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll put my thinking cap on......what about a waterfall shoot....I know of a couple but I'm sure I could find some more!
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoopi View Post
    I'll put my thinking cap on......what about a waterfall shoot....I know of a couple but I'm sure I could find some more!
    If you do it really quickly, that's next week's Members Challenge covered off.
    Cheers

You don't have to be dead to be a donor.

Education is what remains after that which has been learnt, has been forgotten.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you come up with something let me know I don't check this to often.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You all need a weekend in Mudgee!!!!

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    You all need a weekend in Mudgee!!!!
    Sounds good to me Mark. I loved it the last time I visited there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Aroma Festival is on Sunday 21 July 2013 at the Rocks. Check out the website at:

http://www.therocks.com/sydney-Thing...a_Festival.htm

Come along for heaps of coffee and chocolate stalls and lots of interesting photography.

I'll be there with a few friends. You are all welcome to join us, drop me a PM and I'll send you the details.

S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep needing an excuse to get to the beach to do some early morning seascapes... Ive heard up along the northern beaches has some good vantage points... If anyone would care to give a few more details about were's a good location, Id be happy to do that...

Ideally a Saturday or Sunday morning.

Jon

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in for anything provided the date works. I haven't been doing much photography of late.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a great guide for NSW, has plenty of locations guides for northern beaches locations : http://www.freephotoguides.com/ocean...w-south-wales/

Quote Originally Posted by Ventureoverland View Post
    I keep needing an excuse to get to the beach to do some early morning seascapes... Ive heard up along the northern beaches has some good vantage points... If anyone would care to give a few more details about were's a good location, Id be happy to do that...
    Ideally a Saturday or Sunday morning.
    Jon

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not too many ideas coming forth. I have to say I have been a bit slack as well - I have been planning my trip to Scotland so haven't really had the time to think about a meet.

So far we have suggestions for:
    Waterfalls, The Aroma Festival and a sunrise shoot at one of the northern beaches.

Personally, I would love to put some of my studio lighting equipment to good use before it starts to be covered in cobwebs.

There have been 37 members view this thread but only 3 suggestions. Come on guys , I have run out of ideas - surely somebody could come up with some new ideas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to have a go at studio lighting!!

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would need a model - do you know anyone Karen? The alternative is that we use each other as models. If someone can provide a big enough room or alternately find a suitable outdoor location I would certainly be up for it.

When I say studio lighting I mean wireless triggered flashes with soft box, beauty dish, reflector, snoot, etc.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd even drive to Cronulla for a model shoot, Narelle! I also have some (minimal) studio kit wasting away waiting for me to get a round tuit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NikonNellie View Post
    We would need a model - do you know anyone Karen? The alternative is that we use each other as models. If someone can provide a big enough room or alternately find a suitable outdoor location I would certainly be up for it.

When I say studio lighting I mean wireless triggered flashes with soft box, beauty dish, reflector, snoot, etc.
    I don't know anyone off the top of my head but i'll put my thinking cap on again! I've had no experience with flashes triggers or anything else of that nature so I'm up for anything. How big a room do we need? I may be able to wangle the boardroom at hubby's work in Crows Nest but it is not a big room...the size of an average lounge room with a big round table in it that we could possibly move out.

- - - Updated - - -

Alternatively at one of my local community centres you can hire rooms for really cheap. We could all chuck in $5 or so for hire costs....the rooms are much bigger! Then maybe we could make a day of it and do a variety of shoots.....the waterfalls are very close to the centre and there's the beach or Pittwater etc for for those with with landscape yearnings.....just a thought......biggest catch is everything I've suggested is close to me!!

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoopi View Post
    Alternatively at one of my local community centres you can hire rooms for really cheap. We could all chuck in $5 or so for hire costs....the rooms are much bigger! Then maybe we could make a day of it and do a variety of shoots.....
    What about a dance studio somewhere? Those are seldom in use during the day, aren't they? How much would it cost us as a group to hire model from Model Mayhem?

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDo View Post
    What about a dance studio somewhere? Those are seldom in use during the day, aren't they? How much would it cost us as a group to hire model from Model Mayhem?
    Between $45 and $70 an hour depending on experience and usually a minimum 2 hours plus travel costs. I used MM a couple of times including "free" in exchange for photos but I have found both free and paid models unreliable from MM.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb666 View Post
    Between $45 and $70 an hour depending on experience and usually a minimum 2 hours plus travel costs. I used MM a couple of times including "free" in exchange for photos but I have found both free and paid models unreliable from MM.
    Thanks, Peter. That's a bit more expensive than I expected. I wonder if it varies with location? A pity about the unreliability issue. I had heard that before as well.

@Narelle - at this rate I'll probably be in Queensland on holiday before the meet is organised, so don't count my requirements too highly in your planning.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks,

I'll put it out there.

I have spoken to someone who is willing to be our victim/model.

They would like some details of when/where.

They would be able to do Friday night, Sat/night, Sun.

The other nights would not be good for them because of the next day.

Anyway, if the date/time could be posted I can relay the details and then let you all know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast