It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photo news - W/E 14th July

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/...-1226675660561

A CAMERAMAN is recovering in hospital after being hit by a wheel that came off Australian Mark Webber's Red Bull car at the German Grand Prix. The wheel flew off the right rear axle of Webber's car during a pit stop after eight laps of the grand prix, won by the Aussie's German teammate Sebastian Vettel.
    It bounced through two garages and hit the cameraman, Paul Allen, in the back.
    He was treated immediately by medical staff in the pit lane before being moved to the circuit medical centre.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ing-fraud.html

Former Olympus Corp. (7733) Chairman Tsuyoshi Kikukawa received a suspended sentence for his role in a $1.7 billion accounting fraud that caused the Japanese camera maker’s market value to plunge 80 percent.
    Olympus itself, also the world’s largest maker of endoscopes, was ordered to pay 700 million yen ($7 million) in fines by Tokyo District Judge Hiroaki Saito today. Former Olympus Executive Vice President Hisashi Mori and Hideo Yamada, a former auditing officer, also got suspended sentences.
    Judge Saito’s decision comes almost two years after revelations that the company had falsified financial reports to conceal losses on investments. The sentences reflect the defendants’ claims that former Olympus presidents Masatoshi Kishimoto and Toshiro Shimoyama made the decision to hide losses, while he inherited the aftermath.
    “Kikukawa and Yamada succeeded in a negative legacy and weren’t involved in the decision-making process to hide losses,” Saito said in court today. “They were distressed and didn’t benefit personally from hiding losses. Mori followed their orders.”
    The camera maker still faces lawsuits by investors including State Street Bank and Trust & Co. and Government of Singapore Investment Corporation Pte Ltd. in a joint complaint seeking 19.1 billion yen in damages.

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the Duck...

Last edited by Kym; 08-07-2013 at 11:35am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr. Jun Hirakawa (Creator of the FA43 & FA77 and other iconic Pentax Limited Lenses) is now working for Tamron.

Hopefully this will be the beginning of something beautiful for Tamron!

http://ricehigh.blogspot.com/2013/07...works-for.html
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't like quoting RH's site -- he is the worst 'supporter', mostly noise, sometimes something useful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't blame you. I find him somewhat amusing myself. I checkin there every now and then just to see if there is some gold like the above which came from the pentaxforum anyway.

anyway you look at it, Tamron just scored the creator of some super legendary glass. If they are half as smart as I think they are, then the next iteration of Tamron lenses could be something special.

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamron with some HOT primes!! Would be good!

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://falklumo.blogspot.com.au/2013...l-af-will.html

I do not normally comment on developments I have no inside information about. It is just adding to the noise in the internet. Here, I decided to make an exception

So, Canon launched the Canon 70D digital SLR camera 2013, July 2, two days ago. It includes an autofocus technology named "Dual Pixel cmos AF" which promises to introduce high-speed autofocus performance to live view shooting and movie recording which previously would have required a phase detect AF module, at least in lower light situations.

I believe that this innovation looks much more innocent than it actually is. Here is why. ...

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.news.com.au/travel/world/...-1226677703071

WITH ethereal views like these, it's easy to see how this pilot became totally addicted to heights. Karim Nafatni, a commercial pilot and photographer based in Dubai, has documented his daily routine in a series of jaw-dropping, otherworldly images.

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)