I dismantled my Manfrotto tripod and cleaned it all up! Wow, I think most of the beach was in those legs. Even in the top of the legs, but I was then able to submerse the top part in the sink and wash it all out. I actually had fun doing this...and my Dad would be so proud, as I did it all on the kitchen table and used the kitchen sink. I got sand and graphite everywhere!! LOL
Tripod and sand b.jpg
This pic isn't one of the bad legs either!
Thanks so much to those who helped me figure this out. I was able to buy the torx set and the spanner to undo the legs, plus I checked on google to see what lubricant to use and bought some powdered graphite as well. All up $30.... money well spent!
This is the website which helped me as well. It may help someone else in the same situation....
Now, if only I could fix my washing machine! That is a whole other story .....