Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: The Beginning of a Creative Journey

Going Cold Blooded
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Beginning of a Creative Journey

Have you ever felt inspired so much through the works of another person that it immediately changes your thought process and you in turn immediately change your perspective on how you view your work?

For me, I was wonderfully inspired by the works of Phil Koch a fantastic landscape photographer who likes to "break the rules" so to speak on landscapes. His fabulous and vibrant work I find awe-inspiring. His landscapes are all pretty much always set at 50/50 (land/sky) and pretty much all in portrait mode. And it works!!

You can find his work here on Flickr here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/philkoch/

Not only is his work incredible but he's a nice guys too. Recently friended me on Facebook he is all too keen to impart his knowledge and seemingly outlandish camera settings in his works!

So, who has been your greatest influence and inspiration in your photographic art?

Some of my recent landscapes in portrait orientation:

A celebration in Verticles by Adam Brice, on Flickr
    Canon 7D Mark II

Adam Brice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, Adam, I have been seeing your work for a while now and I can honestly say that you have recently gone 'BOOM'! I totally love your new work, and the fact that Phil Koch has inspired something in you, it was obviously meant to be. I totally love the vibrance and composition of these recent pieces. Well done, mate!
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Each one of your portrait landscapes are good enough to adorn my (your) walls and putting them together like this says to me "I must be up and on display". Yes, I do like your work. Well done.
    Cheers, Peter

Canon 50D | EF-S18-200 | Sunpac Auto 383 Super | Manfrotto 190/141RC + monopod | ND8 & CPL filters | Seagull rightangle viewer | Kenko extension tubes
    Wish list: Sigma 50 1.4, EF100 2.8L, EF70-200 2.8IIL, EF2xIII and something at the ultra-wide end this year. Oh yeah, I'll need a bigger bag also!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monika
    I have been seeing your work for a while now and I can honestly say that you have recently gone 'BOOM'
    It's not only your landscapes either Adam. Your whole outlook on photography has changed, it's like someone has given you an injection of composition, exposure, experimentation and clarity. And a big dose of it.
    But it's not only you... Monika above also has improved. I see her images on facebook now, and each one is an improvement.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Going Cold Blooded
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Monny View Post
    You know, Adam, I have been seeing your work for a while now and I can honestly say that you have recently gone 'BOOM'! I totally love your new work, and the fact that Phil Koch has inspired something in you, it was obviously meant to be. I totally love the vibrance and composition of these recent pieces. Well done, mate!
    Thanks Monika, and your work is coming along greatly too!! I'm really interested in hearing whether other togs out there could find these singular moments where someone or something has instilled a "great change" or motivated them into whatever style of photography they do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pjc View Post
    Each one of your portrait landscapes are good enough to adorn my (your) walls and putting them together like this says to me "I must be up and on display". Yes, I do like your work. Well done.
    Cheers Peter, though as above - have you been influenced in such a way by anyone's photographic art?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by geoffsta View Post
    It's not only your landscapes either Adam. Your whole outlook on photography has changed, it's like someone has given you an injection of composition, exposure, experimentation and clarity. And a big dose of it.
    But it's not only you... Monika above also has improved. I see her images on facebook now, and each one is an improvement.
    Thanks for the kind words Geoff and I always enjoy looking at your landscapes, I guess because your area reminds me a lot of mine too!! And yeah, Monika's work is coming along famously - always to pleasure to see her work too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope.

I browse a lot of things, be it photography or other, and my lifestyle is similarly broadbrush, something that I feel is reflected in my photography.

I push myself to do better and rethink assumptions, but I've never felt like someone has nudged me into plunging in a particular direction or style.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rackham View Post
    ... but I've never felt like someone has nudged me into plunging in a particular direction or style.
    And maybe that's why I like to take photos, but haven't found a passion for ...... whatever!
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.