User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Kenko Extension Tube set DG series Lenses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kenko Extension Tube set DG series Lenses

Hi i saw these on the DWI website ( http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/...FUQgpQodnEMAaQ ) and thought they might be a better and cheaper way to try and see if i really like macro photography before buying a dedicated macro lens. What i would like to ask is are these tubes ok to use with a Nikon D5000 and AFS and AFS DX lenses. The reason i ask is that i am sure i read somewhere that they could not be used with these lenses but according to this blog they should be fine (http://dreuxsawyer.blogspot.com.au/2...be-set-dg.html ).

Thanks and apologies if this has been asked before but sometimes after researching the net your head is spinning so it is easier and much more helpful to just to ask the question.

Ruski

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a 50mm lens buy a reversing ring and try that, its cheaper again probably about $5 + postage.
    Sorry cant help with your Nikon Lens.. I do have those set of kenko ex rings and use them on two of my macro lenses Canon and Tamron.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they should be ok as they transfer information from the lens to the camera due to the contacts on the tubes.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruski View Post
    ...they might be a better and cheaper way to try and see if i really like macro photography before buying a dedicated macro lens...
    Ruski
    Ruski, I'll only answer this part, as there's good enough other advice already. I think that your
    idea of a "dedicated macro lens" may be tainted with untrue restrictions. Such lenses come in may focal lengths,
    like 50mm, 70mm, 90mm, and 105mm, and even more across various brands. The MAIN thing is that they all produce
    VERY USABLE and highly corrected images down to 1:1. BUT, they are also "darn good" as prime lenses.
    A 50mm or 70mm, for instance, could also do service as a portrait lens.

There are other corollaries of the above that I won't expand on here.
    Am.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 30-06-2013 at 8:25pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.