Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Not street photography thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not street photography thread

Hi there,

In looking for an appropriate forum to post my first pictures, I noticed that there isn't a separate Street Photography thread. Do the street togs here post to the Candid thread? Can I humbly suggest that Street Photography get its own thread - it is after all a well recognised genre of photography. If you do, I promise to post to the thread.

S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there Simon. Try here mate. http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for....php?82-Street

Look forward to seeing your shots

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the posts in that thread and its location (in the landscape section) it seems that the thread is more about pictures of streets (as in urban landscape), rather than street photography (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_photography). Although if you want me to hijack that thread - that would also work

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can use the street forum or you can put it in people candids. Up to you.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or Other (Social Documentary)!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Crap we have to many forums.. Perhaps I need to consolidate. People / Everything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes going too micro will almost ensure death to some sections and thus just make clutter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish to empathise with Simondipity's anguish on this subject.

I love Street Photography, but every thread I start is preceded with a bout of confusion as to which forum to place it in.
    Candids, Social Documentary, Monochrome, Street (that's under Places), or the non-descript Sundry?
    A single category could cover it all.

I understand Rick's dilemma here. He certainly can't respond to every crackpot's request, and I think my pot is definitely cracked.
    There is no way Street Photography is as popular as Landscape or Birds on this site, but could that be a result of this lack of clarity.

That's my two cents worth, and as an advocate of Street Photography, I feel I have now fulfilled my duty to try to promote it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too love Street Photography....but the Street that I think is actual 'street' is not an Urban image but one with people. Could it be candid?? But that could mean just a candid shot of a person. I think Street is more people within the urban landscape creating a cohesive image ... maybe one that plays with light and shadow, colour or how the person is posing in conjunction with their surroundings. This to me is not Candid.
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny