User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I really can't comprehend some people.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it was silly at all.

Afterall, had been taking a photo of me, I'd also have boofed him having seen that he'd mounting such a great Nikon lens on a Canon body!

The deer was obviously a Nikon fanboi too!
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wish he was taking a photo of an elephant!

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .. or a rhino!

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did he get the shot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deer usually are docile - but I still wouldn't get all up in the face of one until I knew for sure it was happy with me being there.
    [- Instagram -]

Nikon Slave... (D90 & D300S)
    -- CCs extremely welcome, further editing of my photos is not. Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it was a risky thing to do and he was lucky nothing worse happened but the comment he made about the deer and vegetarianism meant he was blaming the deer for his own actions and I found that ridiculous .... and I am not a vegetarian!

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deer like kangaroos in the bush are wild animals and need to be treated as such especially bucks as they can be agressive. I have stopped and photographed a lot of roos but am always wary of bucks and don't approach too closely. too many people see these animals in reserves and people patting them then forget there is a huge difference between tame and wild animals and they sometimes get hurt.
    Cheers
    Keith.

http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patting kangaroos is dodgy as they don't like being touched on the head. They think it's aggression and react accordingly. It's always smart to know your animal, but sometimes you get taught a lesson - like this guy did. No big deal really.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, the animal would have been "put down" if it did any harm to the idiot.

People just don't know how to respect wildlife, they just think every creature is there to be at peace with them like in a Disney movie.
    "Nature photography is about choosing a location, crawling through dirt, being bitten by insects and occasionally taking a great image". - Wayne Eddy.

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7D, 17-40mm f/4L,
    24-105mm f/4L
    + Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS +400mm f/5.6L + Canon 1.4xTC + Canon 100 EF f2.8 USM + 430-EX

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Bambi and butterflies
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some people that are just lunatics all the time
    There are more people who usually have their head screwed on but for some reason or another, adrenaline gets a hold and you start doing things you wouldn't usually (often without considering the future ramifications ) - I don't think for instance that these guys anticipated this episode having this outcome.
    There are many people who just never take a risk - if you are one of these people, then that's all fine but if everyone was like this, this world would be rather robotic wouldn't it?
    Ad docile as these cows look, I probably shouldn't have been in a fenced off paddock with them for instance........
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a wild animal after all. Mongo has actually been in places where other similar idiots have been attacked by wild animals by getting too close with their camera as if they were just domestic pets !! In one particular case in NZ, a tourist got out onto the rocks where very large wild seals were sun baking (despite Mongo's strong warning to move back and not get so close) but he didn't - the seal literally attacked him. It was only that he cr****d in his pants and managed to outrun the seal that it did not manage to bite him. Mongo thinks he is still running...........dorks !
    Last edited by mongo; 03-07-2013 at 9:57pm.
    Nikon and Pentax user

Moderately Underexposed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtoh View Post
    Ad docile as these cows look, I probably shouldn't have been in a fenced off paddock with them for instance........
    But --- were you encroaching upon their "personal space" with a very wide angle lens or hanging back sensibly with a more appropriate focal length?
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andrew , lets just say, not as close as those hoons in the video were doing ;P (oh and I rehearsed my ability to jump the fence quickly too lol)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12