User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Instant notifications turning themselves off?

Former Username : Wetpixels Dazz1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instant notifications turning themselves off?

Has anyone noticed this happening? A few times, mainly on fairly active threads, I have found that instant notifications were turned off. I am still subscribed to the thread, and resubscribing turns them back on. But one thread has done it a few times now.
    80D, 600D, Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Lens - Contemporary, Sigma 18-250mm 1:3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM lens, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM lens, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II lens, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II lens, Yongnuo YN500EX flash, Velbon Sherpa 5370D tripod, PH-157Q head, Klika W1003 monopod, AF Macro Extension tubes, LED Ringflash, chip can macro tube, Software: Gimp, UFRaw, Rawtherapee, DigiKam, Hugin

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    they are not instant, they go out in batches each hour. So you wont get them 'instantly'. But they should not turn themselves off as such.
    Last edited by ricktas; 26-06-2013 at 10:14am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Former Username : Wetpixels
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    they are not instant, they go out in batches each hour. So you wont get them 'instantly'. But they should not turn themselves off as such.
    Fair enough. but if I go to the quick link for subscribed threads, the column for notifications for one that has turned itself off, says None instead in Instant, and I get no emails at all.

Just a minor niggle that I thought I'd mantion.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's odd, as I've found them to persist until I "do something" about them.
    If you want to see them at any time, got to "My Profile" and then either "In Box" or "Post Thanks"
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    That's odd, as I've found them to persist until I "do something" about them.
    If you want to see them at any time, got to "My Profile" and then either "In Box" or "Post Thanks"
    Am.
    All I want is the emails to let me know someone is talking to me. Just happened this morning on this thread. http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...y-in-my-garden I had to resubscribe to it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wetpixels View Post
    All I want is the emails to let me know someone is talking to me. Just happened this morning on this thread. http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...y-in-my-garden I had to resubscribe to it.
    As it is only happening to you, or at least no one else has said 'me too' to this thread. Do you stay signed into AP (just shut down the browser), or do you logoff each time you exit the site? It could well be that your AP Cookie, stored on your computer, is corrupt. Try clearing cookies in your browser.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    As it is only happening to you, or at least no one else has said 'me too' to this thread. Do you stay signed into AP (just shut down the browser), or do you logoff each time you exit the site? It could well be that your AP Cookie, stored on your computer, is corrupt. Try clearing cookies in your browser.
    Thanks Rick. I will give that a try.