User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learning photography. Where to start?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jossie Welcome to AP i'm new to the forum also i have found watching reviews on camera and lenses finding out what the lenses you have can do is really helpful i've just purchased a Nikon D5300 with 18-140mm vr lens which is great i have found so far but reading and watching reviews on what lenses to have to do what i want is helpful .
    i love photography after reading what you can here on AP if you know of anyone around your area to be a mentor would also be great to show you things if you need such as a mentor in a camera club

i am teaching myself the ropes as well so we can all learn together and show the results we come up with i to wish to start my own photography business

Tam
    My Camera will be a D5300 Lenses 18-140 mm and 55-300 mm and a Yongnuo YN-560 II YN560II Flash Speedlite LCD for Nikon.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EverlastingMoments21 View Post
    ...... after reading what you can here on AP if you know of anyone around your area to be a mentor would also be great to show you things .....
    Post some photos to AP and ask what you want in an effort to get better. Some good mentors here.
    'spose you must already have a mentor Tam.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many years ago when I operated a photography business I started out working from home part time. Any income from the business got put back into better equipment etc. As the business grew I was able to then derive an income from it.
    I found it was harder to be the sales person than the photographer. This is were having a second person that is emotionally detached from the photo is useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I just read that there were exercises on the forum for beginners. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darz. Click on the Library tab at the top of any AP page, then click on the "New To Photography" section there.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And darz16, if you want to put the stuff Am pointed you to in to practice and actually have a reason to take some some photos each week (and see what others are doing, good or not ), it's not to late to get involved and post to this years member challenge. Seems like some people are learning some things as the year progresses.
    The weekly themes are in the first thread here ..... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...lenges-52-2014

Good way to learn and hope to see you around AP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12