Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Prints on glass and/or metal

Photo Bizarro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prints on glass and/or metal

I'm considering getting some large-ish prints done on either glass or metal, I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with specific companies in terms of product quality and value for money?

Cheers
    My name is John.
    www.jrfraser.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try LookPrint in Leichhardt in Sydney. They have the ability to print on any substrate. They have a 'retail' photo printing service.
    I remember a few years ago there was an exhibition of Wim Wenders printed printed on huge sheets of glass (a few metres long), looked fantastic, as they let the light illuminate the image (from behind) without creating glare on the image.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hay John,

This company do heaps, they do most of the pro and wedding togs work over here in the west. Matt is one of the tech's and has done some wonderful stuff for me, I just iCloud it to them, easy as.

I do understand that there is a vast Km gap, so it would be up to you if you wanted to put your faith into them and transport companies, but you won't fault their work.
    They call me "Blue" it's a red head thing.
    "My Flickr Site"
    Canon Bodies - 1DMk2N + 50D - Lenses - 17-35mm F2.8 L - 24-70mm F2.8 L - 70-200mm F2.8 L - 300mm F4 IS L - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 - Sigma 10-20mm - DJI Mavic Pro Platinum
    " I Never get tired of looking at our diverse country, even if its through the lens of someone else".
    CC is always appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *removed - please read site rules 3-7*
    Last edited by ricktas; 26-06-2013 at 4:51pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is also something I've been interested in for a while. Although I think it can be quite expensive, it will definitely give your images an extra edge and another point of interest over say, printing on canvas?
    Flickr
    Call me Chris

Gear: Canon 6D | Canon EF 24-105mm f4/L IS USM | Canon 430EX II Speedlite | Hoya Pro1 CPL | Velbon Tripod
    Canon EOS 500D | Canon 18-55mm IS (Kit Lens) | Canon 50-250mm IS (Kit Lens) | Marumi Super DHG CPL