User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: First Impressions: Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 DG OS HSM ‘S’ (new model)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In respect of the loose/wobbly fit, I'd take a look at whether you have loose screws in the lens. If the mounting plate is removed, you'll find the the rear section of the lens with the focus switch on it, is attached only by three tiny, tiny screws. I forever had a problem with my 50-500 where these would become loose allowing the lens to become very loose on the body. I was forever tightening these as I was afraid to use locktite in case the screws couldn't be loosened for service. It's a simply operation to remove that plate and then find, and tighten those screws. If you're game, give it a try. You'll need a jeweler's phillips head screwdriver and string fingers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Warbler, I have nikon 80-200 f2.8 which i did open up the back socket and played around with, unfortunately it did not go as well putting everything back in.now i just have a 80-200 which have a faulty aperture ring sitting on my desk. I wouldn't do this to the sigma, will bring it in to the store and let them have a look.