Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: k mount to eos?

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k mount to eos?

hi all, i have just been given a sigma 35-70 f2.8 -4 zoom master, now the guy who gave it me said he could not remember the camera it was attached to, im thinking pentax k mount, and if so anybody had any experience with the k mount to eos adaptor? or should i just fit a reverse ring on it and use for macro lol..cheers
    long live

http://www.birdphotographyworkshops.com.au

Canon R7, and a lot of other bits and bobs

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can get manual (just a plastic ring) adaptors, but you cannot get electronic ones, so the lens would need to be manually focused, fstop set etc. The plastic ones can generally be found on ebay.

I recall someone developing an electronic conversion ring a couple of years back, but not heard anything about it since, maybe it was to expensive or did not work as they hoped.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve used the Fotodiox Brand. They are metal (brass and coated), quality machining and were about $30 - $40 AUS including postage a few years ago. I can recommend those.

The Register Difference between EOS and K Mount is not much. (EOS 44.00mm) and (K Mount 45.46mm) so the adapter is slim.
    K Mount lenses have an aperture pin: you need to be careful on some EOS cameras - the aperture pin can hit the mirror.
    You can choose to perform surgery on the lens, to remove the Aperture Pin

If I had an AF and AE lens, such as the EF24 to 105F/4L IS USM, I could not foresee the need to ever use a 35 to 70 F/2.8~4 Sigma Lens, manually, on an EOS camera.

Inverted with a Reversing Ring, a Prime Lens (on a Prime lens) is usually better for macro work.

WW

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy a Pentax body
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an adapter, its brass coated, and confirms your manual focus with a beep. There's usually a ton on ebay less than 20bucks posted.
    CC allways appreciated!
    My gear Canon 1100D, Tamron SP70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD lens, and Canon 18-55 EFS lens.