Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kokoda track image heavy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kokoda track image heavy

These are some shots I took on my recent trip to Kokoda taken with an Olympus TG11

My stuff.Canon 5DMk11 Canon 40d BG-E2N Canon 17/40 F.4 L
    Canon 400 F5.6 L

Going Cold Blooded
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate...soooooooo jealous, I so want to get back over there and photograph my hike along Kokoda! Looks like you had a blast mate!! I remember when we stopped at Pvt. Kingsbury's plaque, couldn't help but shed a tear and feel proud to be Australian!! The Olympus served you well mate - some nice images there! Have any more!!!
    Canon 7D Mark II

Adam Brice

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic images and Thanks for Sharing this wonderful experience

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what a lovely set of photos and what a great experience! The little fellow in image 3 didnt look like he like the camera much! lol!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are great Ash ....Thanks for sharing them,
    My sister just did the track as well and some these remind me of hers although yours are a lot better ..... her not being a photographer and all
    Cargo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful images to tell the story of your trek. Thanks for sharing...
    Cheers, John D
    Nikon D50; D90; D7000; D600; 24-85fx; 18-70dx; 18-105dx; 105mm micro f2.8Dfx; 55-200dx; 50mm f1.8Dfx; 35mm f1.8Gdx; 85mm f1.8Dfx; 70-300VRfx; Sigma 10-20dx; sb600; sb80dx; Metz 45 CT4 + some basic studio stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant shots. Thank you for showing us.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by outstar79 View Post
    Mate...soooooooo jealous, I so want to get back over there and photograph my hike along Kokoda! Looks like you had a blast mate!! I remember when we stopped at Pvt. Kingsbury's plaque, couldn't help but shed a tear and feel proud to be Australian!! The Olympus served you well mate - some nice images there! Have any more!!!
    Thanks Adam, yes it was pretty a special trip, it's not until you actually walk the track that you can get a full appreciation of the terrain and what our forefathers endured. Walking through the arches at Owers' corner was quite an emotional experience with all the porters singing and waving the flags of both countries. Yes I have more shots will post some more shortly.

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely fantastic series of photos and you were very privileged to be able to do this trip!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a fantastic experience!!! Great shots of the journey....one you will def remember, no doubt! One day I hope to do it too....
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have a friend who has done this walk many times now. He (and others) raise money to take young Rural Fire Service volunteers on this walk.
    There are many reasons to do this. The program is called Courage Under Fire.
    The last trek was about a month ago. John decided that to generate some publicity within the R.F.S., after the group had finished walking the trail, he would turn around and do the trek in reverse. His declared aim was to do it in 24 hours.
    He was really disappoint that the heavy rain and bad weather meant it took him 32 hours.
    Thanks ashey for showing me some of what our friend sees. Particularly like the contrasting expressions in #3.

Fotonut
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graet shots - Thanks for sharing - Makes you feel like you are there
    Brian
    Aspire to Inspire before you Expire

Gear : Nikon D3100; Nikkor 18-55 mm, Nikkor 55 - 300mm, Sigma "Bigma" 50 - 500 and a heap of Enthusiasm
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/beeps44/
    http://500px.com/beeps

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Monny View Post
    What a fantastic experience!!! Great shots of the journey....one you will def remember, no doubt! One day I hope to do it too....
    Thanks Monika, it was a fantastic experience and something I would highly recommend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    We have a friend who has done this walk many times now. He (and others) raise money to take young Rural Fire Service volunteers on this walk.
    There are many reasons to do this. The program is called Courage Under Fire.
    The last trek was about a month ago. John decided that to generate some publicity within the R.F.S., after the group had finished walking the trail, he would turn around and do the trek in reverse. His declared aim was to do it in 24 hours.
    He was really disappoint that the heavy rain and bad weather meant it took him 32 hours.
    Thanks ashey for showing me some of what our friend sees. Particularly like the contrasting expressions in #3.
    Thanks Mark, our trek leader Brad who was ex SASR will be doing the track challenge on the 29th August to raise funds for camp quality, he is aiming for 30hrs, the record is something like 16.5 hrs thats crazy stuff.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, One spiritual place I must visit.
    They call me "Blue" it's a red head thing.
    "My Flickr Site"
    Canon Bodies - 1DMk2N + 50D - Lenses - 17-35mm F2.8 L - 24-70mm F2.8 L - 70-200mm F2.8 L - 300mm F4 IS L - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 - Sigma 10-20mm - DJI Mavic Pro Platinum
    " I Never get tired of looking at our diverse country, even if its through the lens of someone else".
    CC is always appreciated.

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great images and would be a wonderful experience. I know two of my sons want to do this.
    Glenda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great images Ashey, congrats on the trip. Hope the fitness training paid off
    Shirl
    Gear - 7D, Canon 100mm macro f2.8L, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 24-70 f2.8, nifty fifty, tripod, hitech filters, lowepro versapack and a long wishlist!
    http://www.shirleymilburn.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/ShirleyMilburnPhotography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milbs1 View Post
    Great images Ashey, congrats on the trip. Hope the fitness training paid off
    Thanks Shirl. it was a great experience, doing all those stairs really paid off as the hills were quite large, but I found going down a lot harder on the knees.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A great selection of excellent images which need no captions. Thanks for posting them.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One of the most emotionally and physically draining tracks on the planet. Thanks for sharing your journey.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son did this walk when he was 14, had his 15th birthday on the track. beautiful country with such a haunting history - thanks for sharing the images, they are beautiful. Image one is my favorite, shows the beauty and the history so well, very creative!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast