Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  11

Thread: Logging on with a different IP address

My friends call me Dave
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logging on with a different IP address

I was wondering what the protocol is for logging on with a different computer and IP address.

I might have too in the near future as Im having computer troubles The latest symptom is the monitor not booting up, I have to switch it off and on numerous times for it to stay on

Thanks in advance.

Dave
    Canon 7d efs 15-85mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Nicon coolpix 5400

Sunrise Chaser
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll get an Automated message Dave ( Naughty boy) , Please explain Return the PM to Rick and he'll fix it , No Probs , Happened to me when in Sydney visiting Joel and logged in using his IP address
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Easy, just do it. The only issue will occur if the IP address of this other computer is on our block list (usually russian/chinese/nigerian scammer IP addresses we block), so as long as you are not visiting these countries, you should be fine.

If you have any issues, email me, (rick@ausphotography.net.au) and I can investigate, but you should not.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    You'll get an Automated message Dave ( Naughty boy) , Please explain Return the PM to Rick and he'll fix it , No Probs , Happened to me when in Sydney visiting Joel and logged in using his IP address
    That only happens if two members login using the same computer IP address, and one of them is a new member/just joined. We get reports of regular members using the same IP all the time, but once someone, through site activity , has proven their bona-fides, we don't generally check up on you.

Sunrise Chaser
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick, Seems it has changed slightly (Used to be Automated) , I was talking about a couple of years ago when Joel lived in Bondi and I was visiting , I know there are a few members (Family) Living at the same IP address , This problem used to appear sometimes
    Last edited by William; 15-06-2013 at 1:22pm.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick, Seems it has changed slightly (Used to be Automated) , I was talking about a couple of years ago when Joel lived in Bondi and I was visiting , I know there are a few members (Family) Living at the same IP address , This problem used to appear sometimes
    it has not changed..it still reports, we just ignore them unless their is reason to suspect something, or one of the users is new. So we only generally trigger a PM if we don't know much about one or other of the members involved.

My friends call me Dave
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up bill Much appreciated mate..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Easy, just do it. The only issue will occur if the IP address of this other computer is on our block list (usually russian/chinese/nigerian scammer IP addresses we block), so as long as you are not visiting these countries, you should be fine.

If you have any issues, email me, (rick@ausphotography.net.au) and I can investigate, but you should not.
    I have no intention of traveling Rick so I should be fine hay Its mums lappy and she isn't a retested user...

Thanks for the quick response.