It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photo news - W/E 23rd June

http://photorumors.com/2013/06/16/ad...#ixzz2WQOGiKQY

Adobe is looking into different Creative Cloud subscription options following the massive online backlash after their announcement that future Photoshop versions will be available only through a monthly subscription. The company recently sent out a survey to a selected users about the Creative Cloud, specifically about a new pricing structure of $9.99 for Photoshop or $29.99 for the entire suite on a 3 years contract which includes a permanent copy of CS6 after 3 years and a promise to continually update CS6 to support future file and camera types. Sounds good to me!
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://thepluginsite.com/products/metaraw/

MetaRaw extends the functionality of the Adobe Camera Raw plugin in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. It lets you open camera raw files with Adobe Camera Raw, which are normally not supported by it, and allows applying Adobe Camera Raw as a filter to image layers. In Photoshop Elements MetaRaw provides automatic lens correction and chromatic aberration removal features for Adobe Camera Raw. Additionally MetaRaw includes its own raw converter, which has several advantages over Adobe Camera Raw.

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/06...mpus-and-sigma

Canon, Nikon, Olympus and Sigma have released firmware updates, for the EOS 650D / Rebel T4i, 1 System cameras, Stylus XZ-2 and DP Merrill-series APS-C compacts repectively. The EOS 650D gains several bug fixes, mainly related to the use of STM lenses. Nikon's 1 System cameras have been updated to add support for the new 32mm F1.2 lens and continuous AF with the Nikon mount adapter FT1 and AF-S lenses, among other refinements. The Olympus Stylus XZ-2 has been updated for support with the new VF-4 electronic finder, and Sigma's DP Merrill-series benefit from several performance and stability improvements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sigma 18-35 f1.8 prototype testing:

http://www.popphoto.com/gear/2013/06...-hsm-prototype
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WebRAW, bringing the ability to open RAW files directly from within a browser. For Firefox only at this time and still in beta testing:

http://www.popphoto.com/news/2013/06...-files-firefox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No mention of 2 new Pentax bodies?

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/06...vel-16MP-DSLRs

120 Different Colour Combinations!!

With the same same guts.
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/06...iting-software

Adobe has released the latest version of Photoshop: CC for 'Creative Cloud'. It's the first to be made available solely though the company's controversial subscription-only model, that requires users to pay an ongoing monthly charge of £17.58 / $19.99 for access to the software (as opposed to a one-off license fee). New features include a revised 'Smart Sharpen' function, a 'Camera Shake Reduction' filter, and the ability to apply Camera Raw edits as layers. The latest versions of other Creative Cloud apps such the video editor Premiere Pro are also now available to download.
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/06...iting-software

Yesterday's announcement by Adobe that it will cease 'perpetual license' sales of Photoshop and its Creative Suite counterparts has generated considerable backlash here on dpreview and across the web. With such a significant change in store, we spoke today with Adobe VP of Creative Solutions, Winston Hendrickson and Bryan O'Neill Hughes, Senior Product Manager for Photoshop for Adobe's response to the uproar.
    Last edited by Kym; 19-06-2013 at 11:58am.

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus79 View Post
    No mention of 2 new Pentax bodies?
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/06...vel-16MP-DSLRs
    120 Different Colour Combinations!!
    With the same same guts.
    Actually I posted that last week's news

Now onto rumours...

The K-5 II/s replacement

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigma 18-35 f1.8 tested at Lens Tip. Apparently, it was so sharp they had to re-adjust their testing to compensate!! The sharpest lens they have tested to date!!

http://www.lenstip.com/2050-news-Sig...ns_review.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    Actually I posted that last week's news

Now onto rumours...

The K-5 II/s replacement
    Oh, sorry, I'm blaming lack of sleep.

Ricehigh's blog mentions another interview just recently where they let slip (intentionally) that the Pentax Full Frame is a given. They are expecting to release it around September some time. (as has been mentioned in previous FF Speculation threads)

Here, have a few grains of salt to take that with.

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Microsoft Camera Codec Pack update:

Canon: Digital Rebel XT, Digital Rebel XTi, EOS 10D, EOS 20D, EOS 30D, EOS 40D, EOS 50D Digital, EOS 60D, EOS 300D, EOS 350D, EOS 400D, EOS 450D, EOS 500D, EOS 550D, EOS 600D, EOS 650D, EOS 1000D, EOS1100D, EOS 5D, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 5D Mark III, EOS 6D, EOS 7D Digital, EOS D30, EOS D60, EOS Digital Rebel, EOS Kiss Digital, EOS Kiss Digital N, EOS Kiss Digital X, EOS Kiss F, EOS Kiss X2, EOS Kiss X3, EOS Kiss X4, EOS Kiss X5, EOS Kiss X6i, EOS Kiss X50, EOS M, EOS Rebel T1i, EOS Rebel T2i, EOS Rebel T3, EOS Rebel T3i, EOS Rebel T4i, EOS Rebel XS, EOS Rebel XSi, EOS-1D, EOS-1D X, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS-1D Mark II N, EOS-1D Mark III, EOS-1D Mark IV, EOS-1Ds, EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1Ds Mark III, PowerShot G1 X, PowerShot G2, PowerShot G3, PowerShot G5, PowerShot G6, PowerShot G9, PowerShot G10, PowerShot G11, PowerShot G12, PowerShot G15, PowerShot Pro1, PowerShot S90, PowerShot S95, PowerShot S100, PowerShot S110, PowerShot SX1 IS, PowerShot SX50 HS

Casio: EX-FH20

Epson: R-D1

Fujifilm: X10

Kodak: EasyShare Z981, EasyShare Z1015 IS

Konica Minolta: ALPHA SWEET DIGITAL, ALPHA-5 DIGITAL, ALPHA-7 DIGITAL, DiMAGE A1, DiMAGE A2, DYNAX 5D, DYNAX 7D, Maxxum 5D, Maxxum 7D

Leica: DIGILUX 3, D-LUX 4, M8, M8.2, M9

Nikon: 1 J1, 1 J2, 1 V1, 1 V2, Coolpix P6000, Coolpix P7000, Coolpix P7100, D1H, D2H, D2Hs, D2X, D2Xs, D3, D3s, D3X, D4, D40, D40x, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D100, D200, D300, D300s, D600, D700, D800, D800E, D3000, D3100, D3200, D5000, D5100, D5200, D7000

Olympus: C-7070 Wide Zoom, C-8080 Wide Zoom, E-1, E-3, E-10, E-20, E-30, E-420, E-450, E-520, E-600, E-620, EVOLT E-300, EVOLT E-330, EVOLT E-400, EVOLT E-410, EVOLT E-500, EVOLT E-510, OM-D E-M5, PEN E-P1, PEN E-P2, PEN-P3, PEN E-PL1, PEN E-PL1s, PEN E-PL2, PEN E-PL3, PEN E-PM1, XZ-1

Panasonic: Lumix DMX-FZ40, Lumix DMC-FZ150, Lumix DMC-G1, Lumix DMX-G2, Lumix DMC-G3, Lumix DMC-GF1, Lumix DMC-GF2, Lumix DMC-GF3, Lumix DMC-GH1, Lumix DMC-GH2, Lumix DMX-GX1, Lumix DMC-LX3, Lumix DMC-LX5

Pentax (PEF formats only): *ist D, *ist DL, *ist DS, K10D, K20D, K100D, K100D Super, K110D, K200D, K-01, K-5, K-7, K-r, K-x

Samsung: EX2F, NX10, NX11, NX20, NX1000

Sony: DSLR-A100, DSLR-A200, DSLR-A230, DSLR-A300, DSLR-A330, DSLR-A350, DSLR-A380, DSLR-A500, DSLR-A550, DSLR-A560, DSLR-A580, DSLR-A700, DSLR-A850, DSLR-A900, Alpha NEX-C3, Alpha NEX-F3, Alpha NEX-3, Alpha NEX-5, Alpha NEX-5N, Alpha NEX-7, Alpha SLT-A33, Alpha SLT-A35, Alpha SLT-A37, Alpha SLT-A55/A55V, Alpha SLT-A57, Alpha SLT-A65V, Alpha SLT-77V, Cyber-shot DSC-R1, Cyber-shot DSC-RX100

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downl....aspx?id=26829

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus79 View Post
    Oh, sorry, I'm blaming lack of sleep.
    Sure

Ricehigh's blog mentions another interview just recently where they let slip (intentionally) that the Pentax Full Frame is a given. They are expecting to release it around September some time. (as has been mentioned in previous FF Speculation threads)
    Here, have a few grains of salt to take that with.
    About a bagfull of salt. I still think October due to http://www.photoplusexpo.com/ So maybe a new APS-C and FF announcement then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    Sure

About a bagfull of salt. I still think October due to http://www.photoplusexpo.com/ So maybe a new APS-C and FF announcement then.
    Sleep it is, I have a newborn in the house and I've gotten that little sleep that I haven't even posted a photo of my little man! He's a week and a half old now! Hell, I haven't even processed a photo of him!

Pentax like to be different (self proclaimed) so I'm waiting for them to release a digital 617 and a DSLR capable of doing timelapses in camera using the video settings to save the shutter.

See the real problem is that if Pentax release a FF then what are the Pentaxians going to complain abotu then?

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricoh GR vs Nikon Coolpix A

http://www.pentaxforums.com/reviews/...onclusion.html

We have greatly enjoyed reviewing Ricoh's latest GR-series camera and the new Nikon Coolpix A. Both cameras deliver excellent image quality and we are sure they will satisfy any photo enthusiast that can live without having the best in video or autofocus performance. At first, it was hard for us to believe that tiny lenses like the ones found in the GR and Coolpix A would be capable of delivering such sharp, aberration-free images. We must say that Ricoh and Nikon have both come up with some impressive optical designs.

The high price of these two cameras undoubtedly confines them to a niche market. Enthusiasts or professionals looking for an alternative or supplement to a DSLR should consider one of these cameras if portability is a priority.

More Pentax news at: http://www.pentaxforums.com/reviews/...#ixzz2WnuFIyvP

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Samsung Galaxy http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/06...bean-3G-4G-LTE

LONDON, UK – June 20, 2013 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. today announced the launch of the GALAXY NX, the first 3G/4G LTE Connected Compact System Camera (CSC). Versatile and easy to use, the GALAXY NX combines cutting edge optical performance with connectivity capabilities and a galaxy of applications based on the Android eco-system, all in one stylish package. The result is a new type of connected device that allows users to turn their experiences into a story that can be instantly shared with anyone they choose, from wherever they might be, in amazing color and outstanding detail.

"The GALAXY NX reflects the unique needs of a user who needs to take professional photos and share them immediately in any situation. For those who want to express themselves and the exciting moments that make up their lives quickly, easily and on the go, the GALAXY NX is an ideal choice" said Myoung Sup Han, Senior Vice President and Head of the Digital Imaging Business, Samsung Electronics.

Share everything, from anywhere

With 3G/4G LTE technology, the GALAXY NX allows photographers to stay constantly connected with their world. Promising speedy sharing whether on the move or right at home, the GALAXY NX's seamless connectivity transcends the current offering to photographers, providing a device which puts the sharing of professional level images at its heart. The GALAXY NX embraces the era of visual communication to provide an outlet for passionate photographers to express their exciting experiences immediately in spectacular quality.

The GALAXY NX is equipped to help you capture the scene and mood of every hotspot you visit. Photo Suggest provides location based recommendations of popular photography spots, sourced from a huge library of images taken by fellow photographers across the world. Story Album lets users enjoy timeless memories by displaying special moments on one timeline, reframing and resizing them to create digital photo books that can be viewed and shared on other devices.

Stunning picture quality

Superior image quality is available whenever and wherever with the GALAXY NX and an array of interchangeable lenses. The 20.3MP APS-C Sensor produces images which are bright and detailed, even in low light conditions, while the DRIMe IV Image Signal Processer delivers the speed and accuracy which today's photographers demand.

Life moves fast and the GALAXY NX makes sure that you don't miss a moment. Its Advanced Hybrid Auto Focus (AF) System ensures accurate phase and contrast detection for crisp, vibrant shots, while the 1/6000 sec shutter speed and 8.6fps shooting lets you capture the action as it’s happening.

The flexibility offered by the GALAXY NX’s selection of Interchangeable Lenses places creative control firmly in the hands of the photographer, opening up a world of imaging possibilities, whatever the scenario. From compact pancake lenses and an ultra-wide fisheye, to exquisite longer prime and zoom lenses, the extensive range of lenses help change users perspective on their world to create images which are truly special and help them to tell their story in a new way. True 3D Creator also brings an added element of realism to the GALAXY NX results, allowing users to shoot images and movies in 3D with Samsung's 45mm 2D/3D lens.

Simple and easy to use

With Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, the functionality of a smartphone is utilized to improve the photographic experience. Users can choose from an entire universe of Android apps to help personalize their GALAXY NX and do more than just shoot amazing photographs and video, from editing images to adding special effects to staying in touch with friends and family.

The GALAXY NX is packed with features which help photographers to take images that embody their passions and express their unique outlook on the scenes they are shooting. More than 30 Smart Modes lets users choose the optimum settings for the environment they are capturing, as well as create fresh, artistic images. ‘Multi Exposure’ merges two different shots together to produce one distinctive image, while ‘Animated Photo’ connects continuous shots of up to five seconds, creating a moving GIF file. For added realism, ‘Sound & Shot’ stores sound and voice together as the picture is taken, so moments are captured exactly as they happened.

For added personalization, Camera Studio allows users to easily customize settings with their most frequently used applications or camera modes, making sure their photos are captured exactly as desired every time.

For multimedia content and more detailed information, please visit www.samsungmobilepress.com or www.samsung.com/galaxycamera.