I have hired a studio for a pinup shoot in late July. The studio has a parabolic, soft boxes and a snoot etc and a white cyclorama we will be shooting against - there is a paper backdrop wall that has a green screen and white, black and blue photographic papers on a roll.

My dillemma is that most retro pinup pictures have some sort of pastel pink, lemon, green or blue background. At the moment I am able to only shoot against the white cyclorama which will result in images that are a bit vanilla. I can't afford to spend $480 on 4 backdrop rolls, the studio cost is $500 for the day as it is, plus I've bought the wardrobe for the 5 models.

Does anyone have any ideas or tips for changing background to another color in photoshop elements 10 or lightroom 3? I have tried doing the Ken Fong thing using gels and custom settings on my camera, but it wasn't the effect I was after. I want a simple pastel background. Pinup lighting is quite flat diffuse light, so the girl will not look 'cutout' against a photoshop applied background as there are very few shadows on her. If anyone has any ideas I would obliged. Thanks.