Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How I am coming to like bridge cameras

Former Username : Wetpixels
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I have got so much more info from this thread than I ever expected. Thanks so much, especially for that long list swifty. Quite a few options I had not even heard of. I will explore and see what they all are, and can do.
    80D, 600D, EFS 60mm Macro, Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Lens - Contemporary, Sigma 18-250mm 1:3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM lens, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM lens, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II lens, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II lens, Yongnuo YN500EX flash, Velbon Sherpa 5370D tripod, PH-157Q head, Klika W1003 monopod, AF Macro Extension tubes, LED Ringflash Software: Darktable, Gimp, DigiKam

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also WP .. you should build a list of the importance of certain criteria when making the decision too.

That is:

1/. small size
    2/. low weight
    3/. cheap price
    4/. modern features and ability

OR!!!

1/ quality modern capability
    2/ cheap
    3/ low weight
    4/ small

even tho the two lists have the same individual criteria, being listed in different order should give you a different result for each list.

You want small size because .... you don't like heavy things around your neck!(don't laugh, but have you tried it over your shoulder ... as it should be hung! )
    Small size doesn't always equate to lower weight. Do you have a problem with a large thing around your neck, or a heavy one?
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Former Username : Wetpixels
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    Also WP .. you should build a list of the importance of certain criteria when making the decision too.

That is:

1/. small size
    2/. low weight
    3/. cheap price
    4/. modern features and ability

OR!!!

1/ quality modern capability
    2/ cheap
    3/ low weight
    4/ small

even tho the two lists have the same individual criteria, being listed in different order should give you a different result for each list.

You want small size because .... you don't like heavy things around your neck!(don't laugh, but have you tried it over your shoulder ... as it should be hung! )
    Small size doesn't always equate to lower weight. Do you have a problem with a large thing around your neck, or a heavy one?
    I guess it's just the annoyance of something large bouncing off my belly That said, I have held some large lenses on film cameras that would give me a sore neck just due to weight as well. So, over the shoulder? Do you mean with the camera hanging under my arm?

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW: I actually barely use my 'shoulder strap'

I prefer to handhold the camera almost exclusively.

But on those rare occasions I do attach the strap, I hang it over the shoulder with the camera just under but in front of the arm .... usually the right .. depending on why I had to hang it in the first place.
    My hand usually holds the camera or lens just lightly enough so that it doesn't bounce(off my belly)

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No probs.
    My list is actually bigger. So I only had to edit things out and add a few relevant commentary.
    Plus I'm on holidays ATM so I got a fair bit of free time
    Nikon FX + m43
    davophoto.wordpress.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12