Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  9

Thread: wedding photography and divorce

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wedding photography and divorce

Inspired by the interesting wedding photo in F/stop (dragon chasing the wedding party) I was just wondering what happens to wedding photos after a divorce. Happily married for over 50 years I have no experience with that....

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vk2gwk View Post
    Inspired by the interesting wedding photo in F/stop (dragon chasing the wedding party) I was just wondering what happens to wedding photos after a divorce. Happily married for over 50 years I have no experience with that....
    They get cut down the middle, supposedly like the finances

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wife gets them...usually along with most other things.......yep, coming from experience I`m afraid.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Results of a TIFF: Er... one party ends up with the raws and the other gets the jpegs?
    Last edited by ameerat42; 03-06-2013 at 11:03pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife gets everything she doesn't throw at you
    Cheers
    Keith.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance B View Post
    They get cut down the middle, supposedly like the finances

LOL!

"supposedly" ... ummmm yep!

Anyhow, back to the photos .... wedding photos probably end up getting treated as I did to them ... they were the one asset that I was happy to see the back of.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't ex-wives keep them and bring them out after a few drinks with the girls and say things like 'see..that bastard...' etc and end up all teary and blame the ex for everything that went wrong in their lives..from the day they were born.

Don't ex-husbands keep them and bring them out after a few drinks and use them as coasters or dart boards and scribble moustaches on the ex mother-in-law, etc and cheer and be happy about being away from the clutches of the ex?

Spose the good thing about digital is that both parties can have a copy fairly easily, to do what they want with.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps it's just part of the digital divide?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the family historian in the family I ended up with a VERY expensive album from my sisters first marriage in my cupboard. I have been very grateful to be able to copy photo's of our family from it, and have photoshopped them to have them appear different. I don't think my sister realises he favourite photo of our grandmother once had a bride and groom in it also!
    Di
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehe ... I thought this was going to be about a wedding photographer whose wife was threatening him with divorce for spending too much time on the job and not enough on her!
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Format C:\
    5D MkII Gripped | EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L | EF 50mm f/1.4 USM | EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro | Extender 2x II | 580EX II & 430EX II Speedlites
    Wanted: The list is long.......so very long........(sighs)
    Oldies but still goodies: AE-1+Program | FD 28mm f/2.8 | FD 50mm f/1.4 | FD 70-210 f/4

Spammer - Permanent Ban Longmanstudios's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wedding photography

**Deleted - Indian Spammer**
    Last edited by ricktas; 23-09-2014 at 9:37pm.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And for tacky, I had a client ask me to print his wedding photo large and to put them in some frames he already had. When I went to pick up the frames, they all contained.....photos of he and his first wife.... When I asked him what he wanted me to do with the photos I took out, he said "Burn then". I ended up giving the photos to his dad without him knowing. A colleague still has a wedding album that they couple never collected, even though they paid in advance for it. They separated before it came back from the printers, and neither of them would collect it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    A colleague still has a wedding album that they couple never collected, even though they paid in advance for it. They separated before it came back from the printers, and neither of them would collect it.
    Jeez that was quick. Reminds me of some advice I got before my first marriage. "Always get married on a Saturday morning, because if it doesn't work out, you haven't wrecked the whole weekend".
    Cheers

You don't have to be dead to be a donor.

Education is what remains after that which has been learnt, has been forgotten.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Brother went to a wedding where the bride and groom went there separate ways during the wedding photos, sent a message back to reception to enjoy the party. Don't know what part the photographer had in it :-)

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting if not bizarre topic. The important question of who gets the photo gear has not been asked.

Although, the whole business does remind Mongo of an office party in the early 80's where Mongo witnessed the biggest divorce party he had ever seen when one of the guys on the next floor got divorced and celebrated big time. Thinking about this now and what this topic is about, there may be some serious demand/money in a business that offers divorce photography....hmmmmm.

then the next question is......what happens to the divorce photos when that person then remarries ???????

it all too much for Mongo's little cerebellum !
    Nikon and Pentax user

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Divorce Party Photography, could be quite the lucrative photography endeavor which would be seeing more and more business over the coming years! With spontaneous celebrity marriages being a big influence on teenagers and all.

Basically just glamour photos of the divorcee to use on social and dating websites, replacing the images in the picture frames, etc. Much like Mongo's idea, I reckon it could be good?

Decided to "shave" my signature ;]
    Now mostly shoots with: Canon 5D MK3 & Canon 24-70 f/2.8/50mm f/1.8 (also have a 550D with a variety of lenses/goodies and a Sony Nex-5N)
    PP with: Lightroom only, Photoshop is merely a 9-5 work tool for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not just the wedding photos that get cut in half. When my ex and I separated I eventually got a box of photos, she kept all the photo albums. She had either cut the photos up to remove her from the photos or gave me photos that she wasn't in.
    Bit sad to look at a group of guys all dressed up for a wedding with no bride or bridesmaid.