Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Australian Tax !!

Beware..this is a RANT

I dont know about you guys but im fed up to the back teeth with getting reamed by Australian Arms of multinational corps..so much so that I sent a email to Epson regarding their pricing policy of high end photo printer ( because I want one )

The printer is the Epson R3880
    heres my email

"Hi
    Just wondering why the Americans can buy a R3880 printer for $889 US and we Aussies with a stronger Dollar are still paying $1990... !!
    seems like price gouging to me ?dont you realise if you dropped the price people would buy more of these units ?its no wonder buyers are buying OS

regards
    Steve"

their reply..and I must admit I was amazed I even got a reply

"Thank you for contacting Epson Support.

We review our prices against competitor products with similar specifications to ensure that we are not pricing beyond market expectations.

We do not consider the prices in other countries of similar Epson products when setting Australian prices. Our prices are based on costs incurred by Epson Australia in delivering this product to market.

Regards

Epson Customer Support"

so bascily we will continue to rip you off because we can !!..also I cant even buy one from B&H..because of a import deal epson have that precludes grey importing their gear.. sometimes it sucks to be a Aussie
    Last edited by Tommo1965; 22-05-2013 at 10:12pm.
    Cheers and my name is Steve

OMD Em1...Now with two lenses !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_tompsett/
    http://tommo.smugmug.com/