User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  16
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Users of Canon 6D - feed back on this body

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just going on from my previous comments - I went to a Rodeo last weekend - and used the 7D in preference to the 6D for the faster frame rate and the extra reach it gave me using the 70-200 F2.8 - which contrdicts totally what I said earlier :\ - with a good sunny day - the 7D gave me great photos, that would not have been bettered by the using the 6D
    I have this silly idea, that I should actually go and take photos with all this photography gear I have already accumulated, before I collect any more!

See some of my photos here.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/David...5888662?ref=hl
    And my very randomly updated blog.
    http://davidarnold.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also looking to upgrade, only mine is a 7D & looking to upgrade to either a 6D or 5D MKIII. Some very helpful information in this thread.
    Thanks.

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHANT View Post
    Here's a video on how to do it, it's a 10 second mod and will work straight away. Also, it doesn't break or ruin the lens at all, and is reversible

http://www.benjacobsenphoto.com/2010...-conversion-2/

If you want to see what the pictures come out like, I have a set of images here you can view, most were set at 16mm.
    That is ridiculously easy to do. Not sure I would do it myself but I can see the attraction. NICE photos to by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davearnold View Post
    Just going on from my previous comments - I went to a Rodeo last weekend - and used the 7D in preference to the 6D for the faster frame rate and the extra reach it gave me using the 70-200 F2.8 - which contrdicts totally what I said earlier :\ - with a good sunny day - the 7D gave me great photos, that would not have been bettered by the using the 6D
    Thanks davearnold, interesting to hear.
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am upgrading from 60D to the 6D (having already made my mind up), I just watched the mod video of the 10-22 lens. I have a Tokina 11-16 which I think is a great lens, has anyone had experience using this on a FF? I have heard you can without the issue of the mirror hitting the back of the lens but can only really use the lens at 16mm or else there is pretty extreme vignetting? Would like to hold onto the lens if I can...

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taken sometime and too many months of procrastination to myself but finally took the plunge and decided on the 5d3 - gripped. Should have it in my hands on Friday so will post thoughts and outcomes against expectations soon after.

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with procrastination....I think....Congrats on new purchase. cheers Brian
    Cheers Brian.

Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX. 580EX

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5D3 arrived in store yesterday and picked up late arvo. Today with fully charged batteries, grip bolted on and a racing heart of excitement I am out the door to gave the 5d3 its first run. Extremely happy and the 5d has exceeded my expectations.
    The focusing system is fantastic. I feel it will take a little time to master the new body as I find it shoots a little underexposed to my 50D and the DOF being more effective on FF and I carry the f/stop settings I used on the 50D as a habit I need to adjust from using the 50D last 4.5 yrs.
    The 50D was a great body and served me well but one thing that always irked me a bit was the noise at higher ISO - On the 5d3 I have found even at settings of ISO 16000 it still produces images that can be processed as more than acceptable.
    Will take some learning to start getting the best out of the new body and I was surprised how different to use the 5d3 is from my 50D

It really is quite a remarkable camera - however

• Does it produce images of better IQ - definitely
    • Does it provide a better dynamic range - definitely
    • Does it offer good high ISO / noise control - definitely
    • Is the hype written up about the 5D3 true 0 defiantly
    • Will it make me a better photography - hmmm, probably not but it will allow me to get better and grow as a photography on my journey in this place ;-)

Some sample processed shots from today - note the dog shot was at 20000 ISO and was run through noise ware but I think is still a very acceptable image for that level of ISO
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5D3 HDR composite of 5 bracketed shots
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this may be late reply but I'm in your shoes right now. I have read more than enough reviews about the 6d and feel the same way about the feel of the 6d. I currently have the 50d and even though i haven't used it for a while i still want to get a FF. Took some pics of a wedding last week and the couple were blown away so that made me want to get new gear. Can buy the 6d with batt/grip and 24-70 f4 lens now or buy the 5d3 now on its own. I know for a fact both will be great cameras and overkill for me at the moment but when i get into something i really excel quite fast and will use either camera to its potential. I hope i make up my mind soon. Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had my 6D for about 18 months now, and yes, I am very happy with it. Sure the 5D3 offers a bit more, but for what I do (some magazine work as well as personal stuff) it fits the bill nicely.
    Canon 6D
    Canon 40D
    16-35 L 2.8 11 USM
    24-105 L IS USM
    70-200 2.8 L IS USM 11

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the 6D is a very strong contender - if you don't have the need for the extra features of the 5D3 the 6D will suit you well. I was doing a lot of action photography (horse eventing mostly) and I was really needing the focus capabilities of the 5D3 and as it turns out and I am very #### about how well I treat my gear, however, the weather sealing has proved to be a valuable requirement also ;-)

The last few months I have been drawn more and more into portrait photography and less horse event shooting - I suppose if I was looking to buy a FF in this next 6 months I may have opted for the 6D with some portrait lens kit.

Serial Truant....
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced my 5DII with a 6D some time ago, took the 6D away OS, the low light capabilities meant that I didn't need a flash and clean higher ISO's meant I didn't need a tripod. The wifi capability was good for upload of images to ipad for some rough edits and blog upload. There is no real advantage in buying the 5DIII unless need the higher frame rate and more sophisticated focus system. On the flipside the difference in price will buy some nice glass.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123