Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Off to Tassie house hunting tomorrow for 6 days

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off to Tassie house hunting tomorrow for 6 days

Now we have received Warwick's small inheritance after losing both his parents last year, we are finally contemplating an imminent move south (Hooray!). If we use most of my super too we can afford around the $225 mark (in total). My sister has been driving around checking out neighbourhoods for me and I have a list of places to have a gecko a.

Just finishing my last minute touches - the big bird lifts off at 7am. I've decided to just take the 1DsMkII & the 17-40 lens as I will be mainly photographing house interiors anyway. I'll throw the Lumix in though, and my friend Brett at Molesworth said I can borrow some EF lenses if I need them.

I cleaned the sensor on the 1DsMkII today, it was really filthy and I'd been putting it off for a while. Last year I bought a Delkin Sensor Scope and it is amazing - made the job very easy as it has a light and magnifier inside. It took me 6 passes with cleaning wands and a few spots with the sensor pen but it is finally looking reasonably clean. My skies were looking like storm clouds when it was supposed to be fine!

Hopefully I might see an aurora! If I am very lucky.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a great time and good luck with the house hunting.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WOW Odille. As a landscaper, and as you know Tassie, you will love that aspect of living here. I hope you can find what you are looking for, house-wise.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    House hunting with a camera Odille! Good luck I have spent some time in the Huon Valley and fell in love with the place, Have fun hunting
    Canon 7d efs 15-85mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Nicon coolpix 5400

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jeez, Mudgee is to cold for me. Tassie in summer would be good though.
    Hope you find what you want Odille (including an aurora).

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jealous mate - my wife is a New Norfolk girl (which is about 28K out of Hobart). It is a beautiful town that resides on a most beautiful part of the Derwent River in the Derwent Valley. We lived there for 7 yrs and then left and moved to Qld. God knows why we moved but after 18 yrs here have been trying to move back for the last 7. We have acreage at Brighton and as soon as the economics of realestate come good we will be sellign and bad home to Tassie. Tamania is an amzingly beautiful and friendly place and I would suggest unless you have strong ties to living in the city suburbs give some thought to the many lovely little country towns around Hobart also as prices, community etc are fantastic and easy commute to Hobart.
    Good on you mate, but dont make it sound to good once you make the move as we would like to keep Tassie as that big country to town as we have always known it. The other bonus is you will be in the state of the finest Ale I have ever drunk - Tassies Finest, "Cascade Premium full strenght" ;-)
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'd love to be out a bit but have to 'cut our cloth' to fit the budget once we are living here. With little super we'll be a bit restricted so have chosen to be closer in and thus keep travel costs down. I'll let you all know how we go. I received a flare alert this morning so maybe there is a chance of that aurora!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But will there be room for the moggies? Best wishes from New Zealand.
    Alive and still clicking - apologies to PSQ.
    Living and working in the Roaring Forties
    Assorted cameras of all sizes and shapes including Pentax K (the original), MX, Z1,K20D; 50mm 1.2, 35mm 2.0, 85mm 1.8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A real ' Climate change '.
    Constructive critique of my photos is welcome and appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow Odille....good for you all. Julie and I love Tassie and are looking forward to going back for another holiday. Hope you find the perfect thing.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.