Hi all,
I have an urgent question and I hope someone here can help me out.
I shipped my D800 to calibrate and fix it's left focus issue which was confirmed to have that know bug. It was sent to the Sydney service centre.
I sent the camera together with my 14-24mm and the 80-200mm f/2.8
The 14-24 was sent because I tested the camera with this lens. The 80-200 was send for a regular calibration after being at my disposal since 1996.

Yesterday I used LensAlign MKII with FocusTune to calibrate my lenses and I was glad to see that the above lenses shows perfect AFA value of 0. There is a slight shift to +1 when shifting from 14-24 and about the same with the 80-200.
However, I have a couple of lenses that I didn't think need service since they had sharp results with the D800.
Now, after the service, the nikon 50mm f/1.8 needs over +20 AFA and the nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 needs +15 @ 70mm.
I don't want to rush into conclusions but it seems that the camera was "fixed" by biasing the AFA values internally with the lenses I've sent them.

Obviously they will calibrate the lenses to the body. No surprises there.
The real surprise is that after the body arrived from service, my other lenses who usually had anything between -5 to +5 AFA value, are now having +15 and +20. Meaning that I suspect the body fix was in such a manner that threw my other lenses way up in the AFA value. As if the AFA was biased internally to +10.

As you know, when a lens that used to be +3 and now showing +15 all of a sudden without really using it at all, means that every lens I might mount on my D800 will show a great amount of back focus which will need to be adjusted by +15 or +20.
Also, the 50mm need way above +20 while before the body fix it was on +5 AFA!
So I'll repeat myself; I don't expect to have my lenses perfectly calibrated if they were not serviced BUT I also don't expect them to show +20 all of a sudden.

After talking to the service center about this issue, the immediate response was that I probably had my lenses hit in a way which affected their focus (not true). The general response was that the fix they made is by standards and problem is with the lenses...

What I have to know is, is there any other recommended nikon repairer in Sydney?

Thank you