User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: Have you seen such a dirty sensor???? o.O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you seen such a dirty sensor???? o.O

OMG! I just got back from my usual quick Port Broughton stay (overnight stay)..... and I was happy to have an amazing sunset to snap away. Imagine my horror when I got home last night and opened my pics up in Lr to witness this.......

Dirty Sensor-7168.jpg

So, off to the cleaners we go!!! Now to see if I can salvage the images. There certainly are a lot of dust bunnies on these pics.
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooo. Somebody sneeze while they were changing lenses???
    Cheers

You don't have to be dead to be a donor.

Education is what remains after that which has been learnt, has been forgotten.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi MM , It's not all that bad , No wonder your seeing bunnies , It was taken at f25 by the exif , I'll bet if you shoot from f16 down you wont see any at all
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha! no sneezing....but it looks like that!!

Bill, I did a small aperture because I wanted a starburst in the sun. I did take some with f16 (as that is a nice sweet spot for the lens) and there are some, but not as many as the f25 beauty!!.

Here is one with f16..... still bad enough to cringe!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ms Monny; 20-05-2013 at 3:10pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monika I always shoot at f8 , So my sensor always looks clean, Like you I have gone to f22 for the star burst effect and maybe f16 to get some slow water action , But not as many bunnies as you though , Buy a cleaning kit and do it yourself , Easy peasy

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, Bill, I didn't even know about the wider the aperture the less noticeable the dust bunnies! Thank you for point that out to me. I didn't think that f8 would be a good landscape aperture though?? I wouldn't think that I would get enough dof?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shoot with a Sigma 10-20 for all my Seascape shots , Always , BUT the design of this widey gives heaps of DOF at the sweet spot of f8 , If I'm using the 17-40 L on the 5D MKIII I'd use f10 to f16 , It's all in the design