Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Flash or not to flash ?

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flash or not to flash ?

I am going to Bali in August and not sure to take flash with me and if i did would i use it.
    i will be taking heaps of candid portraits in Ubud and will be using my 24-70 and the 70-200 i know i could get away with a ISO around 400-800 no probs but as i havent used the flash much not sure if it would be better or not.
    wats your thoughts?
    Canon5D MK III,Canon 6D,Canon 17-40 L ,Canon 24-70 MKIIL , [/COLOR],Canon 70-200MkII L ,Sigma Fisheye 15mm 2.8 ,Canon 2xMk3 Extender, 430EX11 Flash , Lee Big Stopper & Other Lee Filters.
    Manfrotto 055XPROB + 322RC2 + MBAG80P.
    Critique is allways welcome, Any help and advise will allways be appreciated.

davidwalkerphotography.net

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    candid and flash may not go together.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personal thoughts are that you will be better off leaving it at home unless you want to do some "staged" portraits. I would simply substitute your 50 F/1.4 and not stress too much about using 3200 iso as your camera can handle it and a little bit of grain in low light / shallow depth of field shots will add rather than subtract from street / candid images.

You will find that 99% of the locals will be quite happy with you photographing them close up in the streets and to me they make the best shots in those situations. I would even consider leaving the 70-200 at home apart from using it at full length for the abundant monkeys around Ubud.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks yeh not sure but want to capture well exposed sharp images in some dark situations it could come in handy.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for advise.