Hi all,
I wasn't sure whether to post here or over within the Panorama section (but that was more for critique) I'm wondering when taking a number of images to be used for a panorama how does one account for the possible large EV range. I was looking to take a series of images for a panorama yesterday in the Blue Mts. The setting were going to be Manual Focus, ISO 100, f/16 and however the shutter speed would have range from 1 sec (in the shadows) to 1/30 (in the valley).

Taking the Images
I think this would be a range of around 5 f-stops, so I was thinking of setting the shutter speed to 1/8, but then bracketing at +/-2 f-stops. This would have given me 18 images (6 frames x 3 images)

Post Processing using HDR (or blending)
When I process the 18 images, I would take each set of 3 images and create 6 individual HDR images (or blends). Take the 6 individual HDR images (or blends) and turn these into the Panorama.

I suppose I have two 2 questions:-

1. How does the photographer deal with such a range of light when trying to capture a panorama?
  2. If the images captured are bracketed, how to process these frames into a panorama?

Maybe I think too much about a problem, rather than just having a go!!

Thanks for any assistance / direction

Wilko